Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 62
  1. #33
    Posts
    521
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad


    Quote Originally Posted by prbhat_gen View Post
    after i had filed the 1st apeal, the PIO wants to say that he has received my RTI application on 15/05/2008 which was actually send to him by speed post on 05/05/2008.
    First application sent on 5May,earliest could have reached PIO pm7/am8 May.That could be verified through speedpost tracking.In any case 30 days period starts from "receipt of request" and not from posting.

    Your above statement in post 31 is not clear,"wants to say" means - are you on voice touch with PIO or have you received an official written reply from PIO to your application.

    I tend to agree with Posts at 21 and 24. First,if you are in touch with him through written correspondence and he is referred to your application ,and if he has genuinely received your application on 15 may,then your First Appeal does not make sense. Infact , Siddharth at Post 21 had suggested awaiting for PIO reply and then taking decision.
    Also,complaints and second appeals now have long waiting list and this must be borne in mind when resorting to these in a hurry.That is why it is extremely important to draft RTI application vey diligently and with lot of patience.It is a must to request inspection of records/files ,which any case is your right.


    › Find content similar to: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad


    Last edited by opsharma; 12-06-08 at 10:09 PM.

  2. #34
    Posts
    354
    Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad


    the latest development is the above case is as follows -

    a) the PIO, after receiving a copy of FA has replied that they have received the letter on 15/05/2008, whereas for the same letter the department of post has certified that they have delivered it on 06/05/2008.

    b) the PIO is saying that their office has not received any FAX on 17/04/2008, whereas it has been certified that a FAX has been delivered on that particular date to their office from my telephone no.


    c) even in their reply they have furnished vauge, wrong & misleading replies


    seeking suggestions in this regard from the senior/experienced members

  3. #35
    Posts
    4
    Name:
    RITUPAL SINGH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad


    Dear sir
    I am Ritupal Singh, i have applied for passport on 28-12-07 my file no is H022404 and My police inquires is completed on date 12.02.2008, After that I have checked my application status of the website and I found on dated 10.03.2008, Your police report is clear and your application under process, Now after six my application status is same, I also checked the status after and before my application, but in these application status is passport is dispatch, How it is possible Please take the necessary action

  4. #36
    Posts
    43,872
    Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    9
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

    Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad



    Quote Originally Posted by prbhat_gen View Post
    the latest development is the above case is as follows -

    a) the PIO, after receiving a copy of FA has replied that they have received the letter on 15/05/2008, whereas for the same letter the department of post has certified that they have delivered it on 06/05/2008.

    b) the PIO is saying that their office has not received any FAX on 17/04/2008, whereas it has been certified that a FAX has been delivered on that particular date to their office from my telephone no.


    c) even in their reply they have furnished vauge, wrong & misleading replies


    seeking suggestions in this regard from the senior/experienced members
    1. Has the PIO replied to your RTI Application or to the First appeal ?
    After you have made a First Appeal, the reply of the PIO has very little meaning.
    Why did you send your First Appeal to the PIO ?
    2. Just wait for your First Appeal outcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by ritupalsingh View Post
    Dear sir
    I am Ritupal Singh, i have applied for passport on 28-12-07 my file no is H022404 and My police inquires is completed on date 12.02.2008, After that I have checked my application status of the website and I found on dated 10.03.2008, Your police report is clear and your application under process, Now after six my application status is same, I also checked the status after and before my application, but in these application status is passport is dispatch, How it is possible Please take the necessary action
    Ritupal,

    Your post in Abhishek's thread will simply get lost in all the clutter.
    You need to start a separate thread for your querry so that it gets the attention of other members.

  5. #37
    Posts
    354
    Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad


    thanks karira,

    actually, even i am waiting for the FAA's reply before filing the second appeal.

    but just want to confirm, since the PIO is furnishing wrong/false reply wont it be treated as deemed refusal of information ?

  6. #38
    Posts
    43,872
    Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    9
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

    Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad


    Quote Originally Posted by prbhat_gen View Post
    but just want to confirm, since the PIO is furnishing wrong/false reply wont it be treated as deemed refusal of information ?
    Incomplete, incorrect and misleading information falls under Sec 18(1)(e).

    Deemed refusal on information is under Sec 18(1)(c)

  7. #39
    Posts
    354
    Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad


    the latest update in the case is that the CPIO has replied (to my second RTI application)very absurtly and also demanded a amount of Rs. 50/-, which i have already sent to him.

    Looking forward to his reply.

  8. #40
    Posts
    354
    Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: uneccessary delay been extended by Passort Office, Ghaziabad


    the CPIO has send me a bundle of rubbish xerox copies, which are useless to me and that too he has send me the multiple copies of the same documents to complete the count of 25 documents.

    should i move ahead to file directly a complaint u/s 18 in the CIC.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread



About RTI INDIA

    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android