Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dealers here are insisting to buy a new Gas Stove with the new connection

1. re: Dealers here are insisting to buy a new Gas Stove with the new connection

I had replied the non-RTI way here

http://www.bighelpers.org/forum/gas-...onnection.html

Re: Dealers here are insisting to buy a new Gas Stove with the new connection

Thankyou RTI and also the member of RTI who helped in guiding me to get a new Gas Connection without Hotplate. Mr. Karira, Mr. O P Sharma, Mr. Ganpat, Mr. Kushal, Mr. T S Behera & Mr. Maneesh. I would also like to a part of this association. I also want to help other the way you all have helped me.

Once again thanks for guiding me.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

As reported in The Economic Times, Hyderabad Edition, on 5 July 2008:
    Article Window

LPG dealers to face probe for unsolicited stove offer

FAIR trade regulator Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices (MRTP) Commission on Thursday directed its investigating arm to probe into complaints that certain oil companies are instigating their LPG dealers to compel consumers seeking fresh connections to also purchase gas stoves from them. Globally, abuse of dominance in one segment of the industry to suppress competition in related sectors is regarded as an anti-competitive practice. One well-known case involves Microsoft, which was alleged to have used its leadership position in the Windows Operating System to reduce competition in other software applications.

The commission has given 90 days for the Director General of Investigation and Registration (DGIR) to complete the investigation. PSU majors like Hindustan Petroleum, Indian Oil and Bharat Petroleum and their respective dealers HP gas, Indane and Bharat gas dominate the manufacture and distribution of re-fillable LPG cylinders.

“The MRTPC is directing the DGIR to see whether gas dealers are insisting upon purchase of chulas (gas stoves) from them while issuance of a new connection. They will also probe as to if some of the oil companies have directed them formally or informally to sell a particular brand of gas stoves,” official sources said. They said that the commission’s action has been initiated on the basis of public complaints as well as information that one of the premier oil companies was resorting to such practices. Officials say that prima-facie, oil companies as well as their dealers are guilty of restrictive trade practice.

Hassled consumers, who have often complained about such practices by gas dealers, have started approaching consumer courts to get their grievances redressed. Now, with the MRTPC initiating an official probe into such allegations, it is likely that the government may take some stringent steps to curb such malpractice.

Sources, however, say that it is not the first time that such an action has been initiated. In the late ‘80s and ‘90s, several complaints were taken up by the MRTPC, in one of which, a clear direction was given to gas dealers to prominently display a declaration stating that consumers were free to purchase gas stoves from anywhere and release of gas connections shall not be denied or delayed from not having purchased gas stoves from them.

The present probe by the DGIR will examine if oil companies or their dealers have ignored the commission’s earlier directions.

VIGILANT EYES

MRTP has given 90 days for
    the Director General of Investigation and Registration (DGIR) to complete the investigation
    Abuse of dominance in one
    segment of the industry to suppress competition in related sectors is regarded as an anti-competitive practice
    PSU majors like Hindustan
    Petroleum, Indian Oil and Bharat Petroleum
    and their respective dealers HP gas, Indane and Bharat gas dominate the manufacture and distribution of re-fillable LPG cylinders

Quote Originally Posted by TSBehera View Post
    You lodge your complaint to Sales Officer,Bharat Gas,the dealer can't insist.
    In our district there is only one sales manager looking after a very huge area of Haryana for Indane. Most of the times his mobile number is either busy, out of reach or he is least bothered to pick up and answer the call.

As we all are aware all these happen with the dealers and the reps of oil PSUs being hand in glove. They all know what is happening and nothing is done.

A simple solution is to make the new registration a centralised or online process being done directly by the company itself.

I had similar experience with Indane gas dealer of Behala area of Kolkata for a new gas connection. The dealer wanted me to buy the stove from him and also mentioned that it is the directive from gas company itself. Though dealer initially refused to give connection (in spite of original sanction letter), but after some argument he agreed to comply. I am not sure who is the culprit--may be gas company has given such instruction (need probing!)=BK Ray

Kamlesh Ahuja, can you please post as to how did you finally solve your problem regarding Gas Stove . Thanks.

7. Re: Dealers here are insisting to buy a new Gas Stove with the new connection

Just go through this letter your all queries will be solved by the dealer and haaaan distributor will come to ur place to sovle ur queries

Application under Right To Information Act 2005 (central govt.)

To,
    The Central Public Information Officer,
    Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd.,
    Bharat Bhavan, 4 & 6 Currimbhoy Road,
    Ballard Estate, Mumbai 400 001.

Applicant name : Mr Yuvraj Uttam Pawar
    Communication address :A / 12, Kamal Heights,
    Sr. No. 34/4, Dhankawadi, Pune – 411043.
    Mob: xxxxxxxxxx
    Requested (required) information as under:
    1. What are the rules & regulation for an authorised BPCL gas distributors or dealer? Please provide a copy of the same.
    2. What are the mandatory documents to get a new gas connection? Provide the list.
    3. What information an authorised BPCL gas distributors should display at his office under RTI? Please provide the list.
    4. Section 2 of the Right to Information Act gives a right to every citizen to inspect any work. I wish to inspect all the record of Mr. Harinarayan Jaju Rajaram Gas Distributors, S. No. 74/2B, Plot No. 14 & 25,Katraj City: Pune State: MAHARASHTRA . Please let me know the date, time. when I should come to inspect the records. All records should be made available to me for inspection when I come for inspection. Record like All current customer related record, booking record, cylinder Inward & outward record, stock record and other. If I desire to take copies (attested Xerox copies or on diskette Sec.2(j)(iv)) of any of the documents or parts thereof, I would intimate the same after inspection. I request that the copies should be provided to me after charging prescribed fee.
    5. Who can apply for BPCL Gas agency or dealership or distributorship license? What are the rules and regulation for the same? Please provide the copy of the same.

If you want have any additional requirement with this application, Please feel free to contact me on xxxxxxxxxx any time.

Date: 27.08.08 Yours faithfully,
    Place: Dhankawadi. Pune.
    Last edited by karira; 29-09-08 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Deleting Mobile number

Hi

Forcing someone to buy a gas stove with a gas connection is illegal (see this). Follow these steps:

1. Send a mail to the appropriate gas company first (Indane, HP Gas or Bharat Gas), asking for clarification whether it is mandatory to purchase a new gas stove with a gas connection. Take a print-out of their reply and go with it to the dealer. I did this and it solved my problem.

Indane: Feedback System
    HP Gas: Register Complaint
    Bharat Gas: ebharatgas.com

2. If they don't respond, then you can send an email to the Dept. of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government).

3. If that still does not solve your problem, then file a RTI application.

4. Still if the issue is not solved (extremely unlikely), then you can contact news channels. I have contacted CNN-IBN Citizen Journalist earlier and they are helpful.

Regards

Vijay Padiyar

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast