Kamlesh Ahuja
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dealers here are insisting to buy a new Gas Stove with the new connection

I would like to know about the new LPG gas connection.

I stay in Nagpur, I need a new Domestic LPG connection. Dealers here are insisting to buy a new Gas Stove with the new connection. If one doesnt want to buy new Gas Stove than they are not giving it. They are asking Rs.3500/- for the same. What I know is it actually costs somewhere around Rs.1200/- if one buys only gas connection alongwith refill, gas pipe and regulator, than why one should pay Rs.2200/- for the Gas Stove. The ISI mark Gas Stoves of good companies are available some where around Rs.1000/- to Rs.1500/-, why to pay Rs.2200/- for a local Gas Stove. I have been to Bharat Jyoti Agency in Yeshwant Stadium, Nagpur who is the dealer for Bharat Gas.

Can you help me on this. I just want to know from Bharat Gas Company whether one has to buy the Gas Stove from the Dealer or one can directly buy from outside.

› Find content similar to: Dealers here are insisting to buy a new Gas Stove with the new connection

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kamlesh,welcome to RTIIndia,here we exclusively deal with RTI related matters. Can you please post your query at our sister site ; http://www.bighelpers.org Thanks

Kamlesh,since its urgent,you NEED NOT BUY stove from agency or distributor.you can buy ISI marked stove from anywhere. THIS IS BHARAT GAS rule.
    Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 07-05-08 at 06:48 PM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

re: Dealers here are insisting to buy a new Gas Stove with the new connection

kamlesh,

You can use RTI to get this matter clarified/sorted out.

File a RTI Application with Bharat Gas and ask for:

1. Certified copy of the rules and regulations issued by Bharat Gas to its domestic gas distributors, which state that the consumer must buy the gas stove from the distributor if he needs a gas connection, otherwise connection will not be given.

2. Certfied copy of any letter or any other communication made to M/s Bharat Jyoti Agency,........,................, Nagpur, allowing them to insist to a new customer that he must buy a gas stove from the distributor before a connection can be give.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

You can also lodge a complain with the Bharat Gas. Infact this is the problem with most of the distributors who are insisting on buying stove with the connection to make extra profit. I have came to know the same issue from indane and HP Dealers as well.
    RTI India Network Staff Member

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maneesh View Post
    You can also lodge a complain with the Bharat Gas. Infact this is the problem with most of the distributors who are insisting on buying stove with the connection to make extra profit. I have came to know the same issue from indane and HP Dealers as well.
    Maneesh,

In fact that is why I suggested to use RTI.

That way, the company will issue a strict warning to the distributor and at least for the next one month or so...they will not do it.

With so many similar complaints, why can't these companies put up boards at the distributors premises stating "it is not obligatory to purchase your stove....."

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reference:
    http://www.bharatpetroleum.com
    go to :homes- faq- how do I get LPG connection , and second para under this heading.

The company website ,open to all,clearly states that its not mandatory to buy stove from distributors,only it should have ISI mark .

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Half a dozen posts and the thread is still continuing in "New Member Introduction". I am shifting it to RTI Query
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    Tara Shankar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You lodge your complaint to Sales Officer,Bharat Gas,the dealer can't insist.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast