Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

RTI Act acts as a catalyst to gather evidence

I had a protracted Civil Suit inherited as legal heir ,where the case is so simple but it has been running in courts since last 20 years.There was forgery involved by defendants where a 20 paise revenue stamp affixed on a document dated 5.11.1975 with signature of executant on it.

It was only by RTI that introduction of 20 Paise revenue stamp could be gathered for producing as evidence from Deptt.of Finance,Treasury deptt including India Secuty press,Posts etc .It is,1st Batch of Revenue stamp of 20 paise worth had rolled out from India security press on 1.7.1976.This proving the document forged

I foresee my case to be very soon to be over with all documents collected produced in court with a criminal complaint lodged with proof beyond any reasonable doubt to send perpetrators to bars.

Without this RTI it is hell of a job to obtain this information from such premier organisations either personally or by post.

Even resorting RTI was not that easy to crack the information when one PIO does not give U/S 8(1)(g),other shuttling the petition with other PIO,and one PIO refuses to provide the information stating plea that the information as 20 years old.However,I am thankful to certain serious PIO who are really helpful, sincere and understand RTI and its exceptions u/s 8 well as per their replies.

RTI too a deterrant for crimes like forgery ,if committed can well be settled score with miscreants like one explained.

› Find content similar to: RTI Act acts as a catalyst to gather evidence

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: RTI Act acts as a catalyst to gather evidence

Congrats Behera, simply excellent analytic work and indomitable fighting spirit , and of course thanks to many unsung PIOs/AAs who really are providing the internal momentum and goodwill to make RTI less frustrating.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Congratulations Behera !

With this successful experience, can I request you to encourage everyone in your family, friends circle, neighbors, colleagues, etc.......to use RTI for tehir problems with Government Departments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Congratulation Mr. Behera!!
    This in indeed shows the potential of RTI
    RTI India Network Staff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mr. Behera!!, Same Problem you had, I`m facing it now.Did you get any written statement from any officials through RTI? From where we can get this Information right now? Pls Guide me in this case....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good fight back sir keep it up, rti is simply great

Name:
    Dr.V.S.Prasanna Rajan
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Congrats to Mr. Behera for his ingenious and excellent use of RTI.

rajan

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android