Can we ask for info about private institution to PIO?

Can I ask for information about what is going on in a private institution to the Public information Officer?
    Say an issue related to polution by a firm or an environmental issue?

› Find content similar to: Can we ask for info about private institution to PIO?

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Yes, anything a private institute does which effects the public like the example you said about pollution/environmental issue which concerns the Government can be asked from PIO.

does it mean that the PIO will procure information and give it to me?

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Yes! The PIO has to procude information from the private body and supply it to the applicants.

Thank you for prompt reply!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aparna View Post
    does it mean that the PIO will procure information and give it to me?
    The PIO will provide infomration available with them readily.
    If additional information is required whic offcourse is in public interest and not avaialbe with PIO then PIO can procure the infomration on request of applicant after the applicant pays the additional fees as stated in

Section 7 (3) Where a decision is taken to provide the information on payment of any further fee representing the cost of providing the information, the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, shall send an intimation to the person making the request, giving—
    (a)

the details of further fees representing the cost of providing the information as determined by him, together with the calculations made to arrive at the amount in accordance with fee prescribed under sub-section (1), requesting him to deposit that fees, and the period intervening between the despatch of the said intimation and payment of fees shall be excluded for the purpose of calculating the period of thirty days referred to in that sub-section;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mr. Kushal,

Thanks. Infact I had put this thread as an annexure to my RTI application. But they never cared about it. Now I have made an appeal to the First Appellate, the member Secretary, APPCB. With this appeal I have put the news item on the appeal of Sri. Mahesh Pandya, Paryavaran Mitra to IC, Gujarat and the order passed. I am not sure they bother about such things.

Regards,

Babu Rao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Latest News On Rti

Latest news on RTI:
    CONGRATULATIONS TO COMMISSIONER MR. O.P. KEJRIWAL
    In HumJanenge [at] yahoogroups.co.in, ANIL HEBLE <hebleanil@...> wrote:
    It is a matter of great consolation and satisfaction to all consequent
    to review hearing of my case at the CIC on 12 March 2007. I thank and
    congratulate Commissioner Mr. O P Kejriwal for his stand and decision
    in my case of prolonged denial information to me by the Airports
    Authority of India.</hebleanil@...>
    __._,_.___

It is a matter of great consolation and satisfaction to all consequent to review hearing of my case at the CIC on 12 March 2007. I thank and congratulate Commissioner Mr. O P Kejriwal for his stand and decision in my case of prolonged denial information to me by the Airports Authority of India.

Mr. O P Kejriwal forced a private company, Delhi International Airports Pvt Ltd (DIAL) the Airport Authorities of India’s (AAI) Joint Venture partners to come scampering to the hearing he ordered on 12 March 2007.

On 15 June 2006 I had asked if AAI intended to acquire additional 84 acres occupied by houses of Village Shahabad Mohamadpur? The Village shares a common boundary with AAI’s existing holding of 5300 acres, lying outside their boundary demarcated by an impregnable wall 10 feet high.

The need foran answer to this question arose following turmoil caused by a zealous employee of DIAL Mr. Bhola Ram who met me and few others as he went around spreading the news. Predictable doom of acquisition by AAI / DIAL spread overnight in the sleepy 300 year-old Village.

AAI’s Joint Venture partners, DIAL who have been contracted to develop Delhi airport had announced a lofty plan to develop 250 acres commercially. Newspapers reported that this would consist of a golf course, shopping malls, hotels, gaming places and entertainment centres. Therefore it was contented DIAL wanted more land.

This was frightening news, even after an entire 5300 acres had been specifically been acquired in 1972 for “Public Purpose” i.e. developing and expanding the Delhi Airport, DIAL was diverting land for commercial use in gross violation of the term “Public Purpose”, and it was no surprise that DIAL’s greed had cast its evil eye on the lone village they believed simply had no right to exist.

After a studied silence of almost 2 months AAI infromed me the matter of additional acquisition of land lay with DIAL, and, this private company contended they didn’t have to answer, as they were not in the purview of the RTI Act 2005.

After concerted appeals and a period of 8 months Mr. O P Kejriwal finally got DIAL and its managers to attend the hearing and demanded they produce DIAL ’s Memorandum and Articles of Association, registration documents, certificate of incorporation and a other relevant documents to determine if they indeed were a “Public Authority”

DIAL ’s impunity to justify their private status is in spite of using AAI’s existing infrastructure of communications, power, roads, drainage, offices and the vital services of CISF, Customs, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, Immigration and precious 5300 acres of land. The crowning touch, however, is every single air passenger must pay “Travel Tax” and not ask any question.

Congratulations and thank you Mr. Kejriwal for ordering them to the hearing and reminding officials of AAI and DIAL that they are merely caretakers of a public airport, not its owners, and access to information and documents is the right of the people who use this public airport and pay travel tax. Any information is within their RIGHT TO INFORMATION under the ACT of 2005.__._,_.___
    Great! There is now a proof that a private company can also be dragged under RTI Act and forced to supply relevant information. Their PIO? The CEO of their company?
    Regards,
    Salil

ANIL HEBLE <hebleanil@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: Mr. O P Kejriwal forced a private company, Delhi International Airports Pvt Ltd (DIAL) the Airport Authorities of India’s (AAI) Joint Venture partners to come scampering to the hearing he ordered on 12 March 2007.
    __._,_.___</hebleanil@yahoo.co.uk>
    Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 13-03-07 at 10:04 PM. Reason: live email deleted: To prevent spamming

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android