Name:
    Sidharth
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: What to do if PIO & AA do not accept serving of notice for Second Appeal

It's not necessary that we should have a signed acknowledgment from PIO/FAA to fulfill our obligation to serve a copy on the CPIO.

A Certificate of Posting shall also suffice.

Regd. Post/ Speed post receipts are more than sufficient.

› Find content similar to: What to do if PIO & AA do not accept serving of notice for Second Appeal

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

You should enclose proof of mailing [and not necessarily acknowledgement] e.g. speed post posting receipt etc with the second appeal. CIC wants proof that you have mailed copy of second appeal to PIO and FAA. UPC will also work. In case if postal cover is refused, send photocopies to CIC later on. Why not simultaneously try email of the dept concerned? You can send printout of mailing proof from computer.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Best and cheap option is just send it by UPC and enclose the copy of UPC duly endorsed by Post Office.

Name:
    AJAY KR. BAHL
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A lot more depends on where the PIO and the AA are located. In Delhi serving the notice has never been a big problem as most of the Govt. Depts. have their facilitation counters where every kind of mail is accepted unconditionally the only condition is that it should not be addressed with name.

Another option that I thank can be tried is thru the designated Post Offices which accept the RTI applications has any one of us ever tried going this way.

Name:
    Dinesh
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In my case they asked me to attached photocopy of the despach receipt only. I dont think proof of delivery is necessary for filing appeal at CIC.

Name:
    Murgie Krishnan
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DineshK View Post
    In my case they asked me to attached photocopy of the despach receipt only. I dont think proof of delivery is necessary for filing appeal at CIC.
    Thank God for this. A favourite tactic of PAs is clearly to pretend they haven't received even your initial request, let alone any subsequent communication, the way police stations pretend they haven't received your complaint and so won't file FIRs. Many people have reported difficulty getting an RTI request even acknowledged easily by the PA.

It is vital to build a mechanism that will offer some protection against this tactic. In a separate thread (http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/4354-w...good-idea.html) I made one proposal for comment. I hope better minds will help refine it. Best,

Murgie

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.Send the same in the/by name of the PIO / AA through speed post along with a covering letter stating that since you have refused to accept the copy of notice by hand despite my visits to your office on such and such date so having no other alternative left I am forced to send the same through speed post sent the copy of the same to CIC

2. Make an covering letter stating all the fact and submit the same before the Head of Department/Minister Concerned/CEO/Chairman/Director etc of the concerned department and request him to direct the concerned PIO /AA to acknowledge the same.Send the copy of same to the CIC.

By this way your notice seems/deemed to be served.

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The reactions have confused me.
    The sequence if I have understood is:
    (1)Application under RTI Act-2005.
    (2) 1st Appeal after the mandatory period for receiving reply or not being satisfied with the reply or deemed refusal, as applicable.
    (2) 2nd Appeal after the mandatory period for receiving reply or not being satisfied with the reply or deemed refusal, as applicable.
    Now in each step, proof of filing application/Appeal is only required .i.e. a copy of the document and the postal receipt etc.
    In case the document is returned undelivered by post office need to put the remarks for failure of delivery (this is important).
    Documents sent under certificate of posting, registered or speed post with correct address are deemed to be delivered to the addressee.
    As a follow up one can request the post office to confirm delivery of registered/speed post article in writing and this should suffice. The bottome line is one has to keep patience.
    I am facing these kind of problems and still pursuing the matter.
    nk agarwal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android