Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do if PIO & AA do not accept serving of notice for Second Appeal

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

What to do if PIO & AA do not accept serving of notice for Second Appeal

Peculiar case.

Both PIO and AA are refusing to accept and sign in acknowledgement, the notice served for Second Appeal.

As per Sec 10 of the CIC (Management) Regulations 2007, it is necessary to attach a acknowledgement to the 2 copies being sent to CIC.

One alternative I suggested was to send by Registered Post but the applicant shot back..."if they do not accept in person, then there is no chance they will accept via Registered Post".

What to do now ?

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: What to do if PIO & AA do not accept serving of notice for Second Appeal

This issue was disscssed in this frum many times. Please send it by Speed Post address to the PIO of the Particular department" or AA and (His appointment at that particular department. Even it is by registered post, so long as you dont address it by name the addressee has no choice other than acceptance or rejection of it. Both suits you.

dear sirs . while reading this thread i am a bit in confusion. does it mean that one can go for second appeal only after serving a notice to CPIO and FAA ?or this serving of the notice and second appeal can be done simultenously?
    I am due to file a second appeal . plz help
    LAGE RAHO RTI KE SAATH

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

That is part of an UNLAWFUL Regulation issued by the CIC naming it as CIC's (Management) Regulation 2007. Let us not waste our time on this aspect. So long as this Regulationis in vogue the CIC will not accept your second appeal unless you serve copies to the PIO and AA. As for as the SIC's are concerned this Reglation is not binding and this requirement is not existing in any of the States as per my knowlege.

If your copy sent to CPIO and his AA are returned unaccepted, the Postal Deprtment is bound to endorce their remarks for not delivering your mail. In case of refusal the Postal Department defenitely endorce in the envelop that "the addressee refused to accept " or something to that effect. Photo copy of this endorcements are good enough to prove that you have served copies to them. You may attach those copies with the application in lieu of certificates from CPIO and AA. Please remember that this requirement is only in the case of second appeals falling under the jurisdiction of the CIC and NOT SICs.

I only wish some Advocate Member of this forum take the non-sustainabiility of CIC"s(Mangement) Regulation 2007 to the Court

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

nukebomb,

If your Second Appeal is to CIC New Delhi, you have to serve a copy of your second appeal to the CPIO and FAA (one each).
    The copy of the service notice has to be attached to the 2 copies being sent to CIC.
    For your second appeal, please strictly follow:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1089-c...ns-2007-a.html

in order to avoid disappointment.

When email-IDs are available for the CPIO and AA as well, you can simply copy them on the email to the CIC. At least that worked for me twice. (Do note that CIC itself is NOT very prompt in acknowledging receipt of an appeal -- can take even 8-10 weeks -- but so far the acknowledgment has finally come.) Best, -Murgie

7. Re: What to do if PIO & AA do not accept serving of notice for Second Appeal

one should serving a notice to CPIO and FAA before goint to second appeal
    it it applicable to Andhra Pradesh too please let me know as Iam going for a second appeal lately
    IF THERE IS NO HOPE WE WILL INVENT IT

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wehelp View Post
    one should serving a notice to CPIO and FAA before goint to second appeal
    it it applicable to Andhra Pradesh too please let me know as Iam going for a second appeal lately
    Just follow the GO 66 with regard to Second Appeal in AP.
    The link is available in the Guide segment in the article on AP RTI Rules and APSIC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android