C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Pack Sizes - Whom to ask for information ?

Thanks Ganpat for pointing that out !
    I missed the file notes part completely.

› Find content similar to: Pack Sizes - Whom to ask for information ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Just an update on this.

No reply to the RTI Application in 30 days.
    Already filed First Appeal.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Another update on this RTI:

Date of RTI Application: 30 May 2008
    Date of receipt in PA: 5 June 2008 (as per AD card)
    No reply from PIO
    Date of First Appeal: 21 July 2008
    Date of receipt of First Appeal: No date on AD Card

Today I received a reply from the PIO dated 7th August 2008:

"The undersigned is directed to refer to your letter dated 30/6/2008 on the above mentioned subject and to state that under Right to Information Act a CPIO is bound to furnish information which is in material form and is not bound to provide answer for queries sought for the applicant. This has already upheld by the Central Information Commission also.
    The number of pages in respect of item 9 & 10 are 13. It is requested to pay Rs. 26 @ Rs. 2 per page, in the Demand Draft in favour of Pay and Accounts Officer, D/o Consumer Affairs, New Delhi, so same may be send to you.
    Yours faithfully

for Director of Legal Metrology
    Tele No. 23386194 "

The First Appeal was already made and received by the FAA (maybe around 25 July 2008) so this reply has no meaning.

Should I make a nice letter as "addendum to First Appeal" to the FAA and point out all the mistakes that this letter makes:

1. Date of my application is incorrect
    2. I have asked for only that information which is defined as "information" in Sec 2 of the RTI Act
    3. The reply is not signed by the CPIO
    4. He has not given details of the FAA in his reply and informed me about my right to First Appeal
    5. Since the purported reply is well beyond the mandated 30 days, the information has to be supplied to me Free of Charge as per Sec 7(6)
    6. This reply of the CPIO has no meaning since the First Appeal has already reached the FAA.

OR, should I just leave it like that and wait for the hearing/orders of the FAA ?

members, please suggest.

It seems that the Dept. of Consumer Affairs has a lot to hide regarding this amendment to Rule 5 of SWAMPAC.

Name:
    Sidharth
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hello Karira,

An addendum to FAA is must since you have made your First Appeal before receiving the reply from PIO. At that time you had no way of knowing the contents of CPIO's reply.

Otherwise the FAA may simply close it like that saying that the CPIO has replied you on such dates.

No need to stress on point 4 (FAA Details).

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

U should file addendum to first appeal, based on reply of CPIO. It has now become common mischief where CPIO does not reply till first appeal is received by FAA. This compels the seeker of info to file addendums to first appeal. FAA makes confusing orders without time limit for CPIO to comply. Again addendum to addendum!!!. In one case I had to file 4 addendums to get the info. Approaching CIC means delay for 10-12 months and lot of paper work.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

A very good venture. The plea of the PIO for denying the information is not sustainable. The information sought by you is held by the PIO. One of the tricks of PIOs is to divert the attention to trivialities. Here, he has brought in the issue of additional charges. In this case Rs.26/- is too meagre an amount. In such eventualities I have been making the payment of extra charges fully knowing that I am not required pay to avoid giving the PIO a chance to put any defence . I suggest that you pay Rs.26/- and persue the case.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Will draft a addendum and upload here for comments.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Attaching to this post the draft of "Addendum to First Appeal".
    Can members please go through it and suggest changes/modifications/corrections etc...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast