Topic Identifier

Thread: Is RTI dead fish???

Is RTI dead fish???

sirs . read this carefully . I asked CPIo under what rules certain things were rejected. I asked for the copy of the rule. instead of giving the copy of the rule he gave a copy of a letter which was used as a reference for rejecting certain things.The letter was irrelevant.I appealed .FAA ruled that since that letter was used as reference instead of rule for rejecting , th einformation given is sufficient. FAA said the letter is relevent or not is beyond the scop of the RTI.

LAGE RAHO RTI KE SAATH

2. Re: Is RTI dead fish???

Dear Mr Khan,
    As suggested by you, I have carefully gone through your post. Your question-cum-title, though catchy, is simply misleading.

I do not know if you have indirectly refered to your taxi bill matter here. If that be the case, then best way would be to collect all the relevant departmental guidelines that are in your favour and make out an appropriate case.

If you have in mind another issue, then better post the full details in the forum to enable our active members to brain-storm it and give you workable RTI alternatives. But in either case, you will have to deal with it yourself and don't expect a proxy to fight it out for you.

Dead fish simply float and move along the current. Only a live one can swim against the current. It is upto you to decide, which one you want to be.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: Is RTI dead fish???

Instead of hypothetical references, if you can come out with specifics like, what information you had asked, what does the reference letter say etc., it will be easy for the learned members of this forum to respond.

dear sirs .you are right .it is about my Taxi bills . sir there are different rules for differnt kind of journeys. like tour/visits within the city and tours/visits out of city.naturally one can visit in auto riksha within city but one can not go from bombay to goa in auto riksha.
    sir as per rule "A"within city limits i am entitlled to use autoriksha but i am not entitlled to use taxi.
    but as per rule "B" which is applicable for tours outside city i am entitlled to use taxi.
    my tour was out of city ( ie from one village to other which are not connected by rail ) and as such rule "B" is applicable.but my claim was rejected based on a letter which is basically for rule "A". now FAA is saying under RTI you can get only material information and material information is that your claim has been rejected using the letter which is based on rule "A". he further says ,wether rule "A" is applicable or not does not come unser RTI.If RTI is for transperancy and accountability how can officers get away using wrong rules or irrelevant rules???
    LAGE RAHO RTI KE SAATH

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Your contention may be correct according to you. But I tend to agree with your FAA. RTI can provide you only the informtion held by the public authority. According to them they have provided you the information held by them. Second appeal system is meant to deal with isimilar situation where the apppellant and the PA disagree on certain issue. One has to read between the lines of Rule A and Rule B to make any other comment. If you consider solving this issue the way you had interpreted is of paramount importance at anycost, please make your own decision about second appeal.

6. Re: Is RTI dead fish???

nuke bomb,
    rti act is meant for getting information and it is upto you to use the information received in an appropriate way. as it appears from the lines you wrote, the information asked by you has been provided.

appellate authority has appellate jurisdiction only under rti act. he can direct the PIO to provide information if it has not earlier been provided. he cant use his authority to decide if what has already been done is correct or not. dont expect rti to settle your grievances with your administrative authorities. use the information obtained by you under rti act to strengthen your case before the appropriate higher authority.

7. Re: Is RTI dead fish???

Your problem of applying rule A or B has to be sorted out administratively by your employer and U. U may represent your case through employee grievance redressal machinery of dept/company if it is in existence or alternatively represent through union of employees or directly through representation to higher officer. RTI has armed U with the info, which u can use for your rightful claim. All the best.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android