Name:
    manoj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

whether the Coperative. Housing society Administrator has necessary powers to permit the commercial activity within residential complex

Pls help whether the Coperative. Housing society Administrator has necessary powers to permit the commercial activity within residential complex and would be the process for the same.

› Find content similar to: whether the Coperative. Housing society Administrator has necessary powers to permit the commercial activity within residential complex

Name:
    VINCENT
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: whether the Coperative. Housing society Administrator has necessary powers to permit the commercial activity within residential complex

As per the societies bye laws, residential complex cannot be used for commercial purpose. Unless there has been a resolution passed on to that effect by the Managing committee. Ask for the copy of society bye law booklet and look it up...!
    vincent

Name:
    Pravin B. Patel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: whether the Coperative. Housing society Administrator has necessary powers to permit the commercial activity within residential complex

Dear Vincent,
    In Maharashtra, An Administrator Is Appointed In The Society By The Deputy Registrar Of That Particular Ward Only For Maximum Period Of Six Months And In Case Of Acute Necessary, Further Three Months Are Extended.
    His Duty Is To Look After Day To Day Working Of The Society Means Prepare Maintenance Bills,receipts, Deposit Cheques Or Cash In The Society's Bank Accounts, Make Payments To Watchmen And Electricity And Water Charges, And Minor Repairing Work.
    As Per The New Law, He Has To Fill The M-20 Form To Be Maintained In Society's Records And A Copy Is To Be Submitted To The Deputy Registrar Under Whom He Is Working.. He Is Not Even Authorised To Negotiate With The Redevelopers/builders.
    Co-operative Housing Society Is Ment For Residential Purpose But Certain Domestic Business Are Allowed. The List Of Allowed Business Is Available With The Municipal Office Who Gives Registration Under "gumasta Dhara"
    With Warm Regards.

Name:
    Murgie Krishnan
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Isn't this determined first by municipal zoning regulations? And only after that, by housing society members who can rule because of negative externalities (e.g. extra traffic inside a building) that may result? At least in one housing society (in Bombay) whose bye-laws I am a little bit aware of, such decisions require member unanimity. Not sure how much bye-laws vary. Best, -Murgie

Name:
    Pravin B. Patel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sir,
    The Administrators Appointed By The Deputy Registrar Of Co-operative Societies When There Is Disput Amongst Members And The Managing Committee And There Is No Body In The Society Willing To Run The Society.managing Committee's Resignation Is Obtained By The Deputy Registrar Then He Deputes/appoints An Administrator Who Solves The Problem During His Tennure, Arranges For Election, Forms Managing Committee, Hands Over The Charges Of Society To New Managing Committee.
    Managing Committee Passes Resolution In The Annual General Meeting For Allowing Commercial Activities In The Society. On The Strength Of Resolution Letter, Municipal Corporation Allots Licence If Relavent Commercial Activities Come Under The List Of Allowed Business.
    With Warm Regards

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mr Patel has put it beautifully in his Posts 3 and 5 above, as per by-laws that came into effect from 2nd july, 2001 and amendments subequently.Adminstrator is appointed by designated Authority only in case of dispute amongst committee members and or managing committee,and this rule is valid outside maharashtra also. As for commercial activity "within" , it is not permissible without legal consent from the Managing Committee based on Resolution passed in a proper meeting of authorised members,and then, valid Permission/Licence granted by the designated Authority/Municipal Corporation.Commercial activity "within" residential premises is generally not permitted due security reasons,beside being a serious traffic nuisence for the residents.

Manoj,you can prefer an RTI Application and seek relevant information ,from Secretary (being PIO ) of the Society,information wrt.
    1.Notice for calling of society members meeting
    2.passing of resolution by majority members
    3 Managing Committee seeking permission from Municipal Corporation
    4.copy of Permission/licence granted by the Authorities.
    5.In case of appointed Adminstrator , Powers of Adminstrator to permit Commercial activity within society premises,and Licene for the same issued by relevant Authority.
    Last edited by opsharma; 05-07-08 at 10:29 AM.

Name:
    PRAKASH PANJWANI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I m residing at andheri east at new tower its residence complex business
    acitivites at our society i.e. Tuition, beauty parlour and massage centre
    which should not be allowed.
    Secondly i saw drivers are standing in front of main gate of society which
    young girls/wives/daughter complaints several time to secretary but no
    action taken by managing committee/members pls guide me where i can lodge
    a complaint.
    Secondly what r timings for sweepers we have 5 wings a,b,c,e & f wings
    it should be 8 to 4 or as per contract between sweepers & society.
    If society then where i can get copy of contract.
    If secretarychairman not providing copy of same to whom should i complaint pls advice me.

Name:
    Sunil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Recently had a visit to a lawyer and I was told under the municipal town planning laws, beauty parlours are considered to be a commercial business. Do not know abut the tution and massage parlour bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android