Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CIC directs PIO to file case against Appellant

1. Re: CIC directs PIO to file case against Appellant

Would someone file an RTI application to CIC and ask them under what powers did Mr Kejriwal ordered the PIO to file a case?

Name:
    M. Faiyazuddin
    Blog Entries

Re: CIC directs PIO to file case against Appellant

RTI Act itself proclaims that the appellant need not write the reason for seeking the information. Hence it is amusing on the part of an IC to say that the appellant's motive was to harrass the PIO and he sought the information with a view to causing harassment and wrongful loss to the Public Authority. It is also adverse to the spirit of law for which it was enacted. ICs need to be made accountable in such cases.

Thanks for Dr. Kushal Pathak for reminding the silence from my side and not posting in the forum for a week or so. Due to certain family encumberances, I could not go through the site for a week or so, which I hope your good self shall not take in a different way. The long silience was not intentional. Once again thanks for the expert members of this forum of having regularly checkng the activities regular members. Hats off to the Administrative capacity of Dr. Kushal.

In respect of the current topic- it is a matter of deep regret that the Hon'ble I.C overstepped from his jurisdiction and recommended an action unwarranted for. We are aware that most of the I.Cs are/were having enough experience in the public field and most of them were from the upper strata of the Society, having put into long innings in different fields, thus matured enough to take wise decision. Inspite of this, what prompted the Hon'ble I.C to act in an indifferent way is not known. We can only pray to GOD/Alimighty that RTI Act and its different privisions should not be used to settle scores of personal animosity.

Is there any system/possibilities of watching the opinions/post mailed by the forum members on the subject matter by the Hon'ble I.C who had ventured to overstep from his jurisdiction ? If so, let him go through the opinions posted by the members and take some remedical measures in its right perspetive in order to enhance the true spirit of RTI Act 2005.

MOHANDAS.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Hight of Optimism !!! Do you think the so called Information Commissioners and their Chiefs have any concern with what you and me feel or of ' WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA' ? Had they any such soft corners they would not have been selected as the ICs. Till recently I have been maintaining a view that the RTIans have the concern. Our Government has disproved this myth also. They have hand-picked one such Rtian from us and showed to us that he is not much different from other ICs selected by the Government from their "Yes Ministers" crowd. It is surprising that when such bureaucrates develop aversion towards public after many years our own man could change in 3 months. When an Rtian from our own crowed find nothing wrong in forgetting WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, when get a taste of power and glory, whom can we blame ? If our own man cannot help to achieve what he has been jointly struggling with us for the last 3 years, who will help us now ?

this is yet another example of begining of end of RTI and people faith .

6. Re: CIC directs PIO to file case against Appellant

ICs have soft corners only with PIOs and FAAs , but they don't have any soft corners towards the appellants at all.

7. Re: CIC directs PIO to file case against Appellant

I suffered too similar incident dt.11 February 2009 when the CIC who takes care of all insurance related matters thretened to lodge FIR against me.He was telling the PIO that no information need be given to me as I was an employee and my employer insurance company was already holding disciplinary enquiries against me.
    The CIC compelled me to file a written apology for my behaviour.He did not properly listen to any of my 7 RTI second appeals.
    However,I continue to file RTI applications and appeals and I am fairly successful
    till date to thwart the scheming tactics of my employer to remove my from services.

Name:
    rajendra bakre
    Blog Entries

Dear Srigopal,

1] What did you exactly write in your written apology? Please give it in verbatim (exact text) if possible.

2] Whom did you tender apology to?

3] Don't you think you accepted of being guilty by writing apology?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android