Topic Identifier

Thread: Not Providing Information is Conempt of court

1. Not Providing Information is Conempt of court

Dear All.

It is been observed in various cases that providing information to the applicant is tough job for the CPIOs. And for this reason they find multiple reasons for not providing information

Purposeful violation the Right of information Act 2005 to safeguard various interests , beliefs & misconducts. This behavior show a willful disregard for the legislation & can be held in contempt of court.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o> If someone find Unsatisfactory Responce to application under Right to Information Act 2005 or irresponsibility , reluctances and hesitance on providing information by CPIO register a complaint of " Contempt of court " with CIC .
    Further we can clain that its contempt of constitution of India.

2. Yes, the appeal can be filed with the CIC for sure, but I am not aware, if that is called as 'contempt'? Has this been documented somewhere?

3. Its refered by Chief Information comissioner Mr.Vajahat Habibullah.
    I read it on his webpage somewhere and I also launched criminal complaints in Police station on this which worked out for me , though It wasnt known to Police Dept well.
    But a police complaint gave me the information I ased for from the CPIO.

Re: Not Providing Information is Conempt of court

Quote Originally Posted by kushal View Post
    Yes, the appeal can be filed with the CIC for sure, but I am not aware, if that is called as 'contempt'? Has this been documented somewhere?
    Dear Sir,
    Contempt will not lie since on May 21,2010 the judgment delivered by a Division Bench of the Delhi High Court in Delhi Development Authority vs Central Information Commission & Another has created a confusing status for the CIC. The Bench comprising Justices Badar Durrez Ahmed and Veena Birbal of Delhi High Court has ruled that the CIC is not a court. The Court ruled that "The Central Information Commission is not a court and certainly not a body which exercises plenary jurisdiction. It does not exercise any power outside the statute.CIC." The CIC has gone to the Supreme Court against the judgment of Delhi High Court. Lets see what happens.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adil85 View Post
    The CIC has gone to the Supreme Court against the judgment of Delhi High Court. Lets see what happens.
    Adil,

The last post in this thread was in 2007 !

Are you sure that CIC has gone to the SC against the HC judgment ?
    How do you know ?
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Though the Delhi High Court said that CIC is not a court, the Patna High court upheld the CIC position. So this issue is disputed and divided among the High Courts of our nation. So CIC is not at a loss, as they got something to stand.

No wonder the Govt wants to amend the RTI Act.

Quote Originally Posted by cleancorruption View Post
    Though the Delhi High Court said that CIC is not a court, the Patna High court upheld the CIC position. So this issue is disputed and divided among the High Courts of our nation. So CIC is not at a loss, as they got something to stand.

No wonder the Govt wants to amend the RTI Act.
    Yes Sir,
    The cases against these all confusing decisions and rulings are now sub-judice. Web site namely"https://www.mynews.in" has stated that all the cases(SLP) were supposed to be listed for hearing at the Apex Court in June but what happened after that is not known.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android