Topic Identifier

Thread: CIC no reply on appeal sent

1. CIC no reply on appeal sent

Sir, I have sent an appeal dated 3 August 2006 to CIC on matter pertaining to DDA. for seeking info which was not satisfactory that reached a dead end. Also for want of proper reply from the department.
    Questions:

1. Why no acknowledgement receive from CIC?
    2. Is CIC bound to make the DDA give the proper reply?
    3. There appears to have lots of irregularity with the functioning of DDA for the info requested from them.( The matter was about an uncroacher on approved layout plan for parking space and was only a parking space from the time of auction of plots in Jhandewalan Extension. A Pucca iron shed approx. 750 sq. ft. was constructed & encroached upon by greasing the palm of the department. This was demolish at one time. Up to this day, even with the knowledge of vice chairman; Dy.Dir. of Old Scheme Branch; Dy Dir. of Land; Asst.Dir.(damages); the estate Court Officer I.They have not initiated to demolish this iron shed which is so large, 60 sq.yrd was Charges for damages and yet the encroachment is beyond 60 sq. yrds also blatant disregard for the law of the land..

4. Would CIC delegate the vigilance dept. to investigate matters of this kind.

5. DDA control room: Tel. No. 23379444 complaint was registered No. 61 dated Aug.27, 2006 & Complaint No. 73 dt. 30th Aug. 2006. and also made Mr. H.S. Dharamsattu North Zone contact No. 23370778 Vikas Minar aware of the issue and why no action are being taken. Mr. Er. M.S. Nigam (Suptdg. Engineer, Civil was also approached who made a tel. call to the exc. Eng. Mr.
    S.C Sharma of North Div. II of DDA to give his report on the matter, More than a month now had past, it seems not reaching its conclusion and no reply had been received.

Today am sending some RTI replys of DDA to the monitoring commitee Adv . Kirti Uppal appointed for area Sadar Pahar Ganj of which Jhandewalan Extention falls under for removal of the unauthorized irom shed beside Jhandewalan Ext. Metro Stations.

It is frustrating exercise, Any government dept. will put the onus to the person seeking action instead of departmental inquiry and in a time bound manner action be taken.

Could anyone tell me when, how to reach the conclusion of this matter I have taken?. Our place had become too congested and the parking space has to be brought back to use for what it was intended. How could an encroacher a thief be so rewarded that no action is taken.

Could some one enlighten me?

Thanks for any aid in how this matter can be expidited.
    It seems the onus or blame are targetted on citizen who seek info & action instead of the dept. correcting its follies.

2. If you have applied under RTI and was not satisfied, have you applied for the appeal to the 1st appelant authority?

CIC if satisfied, the decision of it will be binding on to the DDA authority to provide information.

Have you applied for the inspection of the document, so that you can take the photocopy of the relevant information?

The CIC cannot ask the vig. dept to take any action, however it can ask the DDA senior authority to take action against PIO and only if the information was not provided. CIC has no jurisdiction over vig case.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ksg123 View Post
    Sir, I have sent an appeal dated 3 August 2006 to CIC on matter pertaining to DDA. for seeking info which was not satisfactory that reached a dead end. Also for want of proper reply from the department.
    Questions:

1. Why no acknowledgement receive from CIC?
    You can check whether your appeal is accepted by CIC form Central Information Commission - Action Status
    You may contact CIC to know the status of your application if it is registered in the website giving the reference number.

Quote Originally Posted by ksg123 View Post
    2. Is CIC bound to make the DDA give the proper reply?
    CIC may pass an order directing the concerned PIO to provide information under a specific period

3. There appears to have lots of irregularity with the functioning of DDA for the info requested from them.( The matter was about an uncroacher on approved layout plan for parking space and was only a parking space from the time of auction of plots in Jhandewalan Extension. A Pucca iron shed approx. 750 sq. ft. was constructed & encroached upon by greasing the palm of the department. This was demolish at one time. Up to this day, even with the knowledge of vice chairman; Dy.Dir. of Old Scheme Branch; Dy Dir. of Land; Asst.Dir.(damages); the estate Court Officer I.They have not initiated to demolish this iron shed which is so large, 60 sq.yrd was Charges for damages and yet the encroachment is beyond 60 sq. yrds also blatant disregard for the law of the land..
    Under RTI act you can obtain information only i.e. HOW & WHAT. Under RTI you cannot ask question like WHY? For these question based on the information received you can ask the relvenet department or the enforcement section of department for the WHY

4. Would CIC delegate the vigilance dept. to investigate matters of this kind.
    CIC order includes direction to provide information in a fixed time. And if some malafide is found then CIC imposed penalty as well.

The objective of RTI is to answer WHAT & HOW not WHY!
    Last edited by maneesh; 13-02-07 at 10:33 AM.

4. Crusader,

After 30 days, first appeal was submited along with photocopies of first application, then it still took DDA another 60 days to give reply which was not satisfactory and reached a dead end. Thereafter I submited my application to CIC as per preforma in their booklet.

I have now enough info from where the money trail start & end, why the encroacher is being protected despite supreme courts/High Courts orders.

Am contemplating to file a complaint to one of this agencies; CBI, CVC or Anti-corruption Bureau. The court monitoring commitee have been abreast of the blatant encroacher in parking lot that has created an eye sore & congested the locality.

5. Thanks again, I guess I have to make another application under RTI for inspection of case file. DDA was not willing to part with the case file No. in several personal visits.

I have to take out the "Why" in my other applications also.

6. Re: CIC no reply on appeal sent

It will again take a lot of time and if u again file the RTI they will object. Better persue your appeal with CIC. U can go their with your documents and check for your documents. That would be easier. Most probably it would be with Chief Information Commissioner and it take lot of time for him to decide on application. He is only one who reads your application in details other IC ( I had made appeal) do not read even your application. so better go to CIC personally and locate your application and then meet the concerned registrar ot under Secretary. It would be faster.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android