Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can we give reference of previouse RTI application ?

can we give reference of previouse RTI application ?

sirs. i got a very useful information through one application . Now I want to get some other information based on the information i have recieved through my prefviouse application. can i give reference that " with reference to information recieved by me through my previouse RTI application " I want ------ information now ??
    My other frends also want to refer this information for their RTI application . can others also refer information recieved by me for getting more information?

LAGE RAHO RTI KE SAATH

Re: can we give reference of previouse RTI application ?

Hello Nukebomb,

All information received under the RTI Act are ReUseable, even in Courts, provided they are supplied in an APPROPRIATE format; i.e. Properly Signed,, Dated, Numbered & Stamped by the PIO.

Sidharth

3. Re: can we give reference of previouse RTI application ?

Helllo Nukebomb,
    It is definately Yes, you can refer the information received.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

If one persue many cases, one is bound to get conflicting or contradictory information from the same public authority. The glory of the RTI Act is that one can confront the public authority with the conflicting information provided by him and obtain the correct information by wisely wording the provision in Section 4(1)(d) of the RTI Act.

why do you refer your prievious application? Ask directly for fresh information.
    There are chances of refusing information as it was already given.If it is importent to refer,
    do it with out difficulty.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ooom6 View Post
    why do you refer your prievious application? Ask directly for fresh information.
    There are chances of refusing information as it was already given.If it is importent to refer,
    do it with out difficulty.
    ooom6,

The RTI Act does not say anywhere that information already given can be denied.

Information can only be denied, if it falls under Sec 8 or Sec 9 of the RTI Act.

7. Re: can we give reference of previouse RTI application ?

Col N R Kurup,
    Thanks for your reference to 4(1)d. On refering to it, I realise it is a very imp provision.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slchowdhary View Post
    Col N R Kurup,
    Thanks for your reference to 4(1)d. On refering to it, I realise it is a very imp provision.

Sec 4(1)(d) and Sec 19(5) are a very important part of the RTI Act.
    They are generally overlooked by the applicants and ignored by the PA/PIO/AA.
    There have been several discussions about these sections on this forum. Just search for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android