Topic Identifier

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to get my mothers passport

  1. How to get my mothers passport

    Hello all,
    My mother applied to passport twice, she is a Kashmiri migrant living in Delhi, first time she applied , it got rejected, because she was not at that time present at her rented apartment in delhi and the landlord said to the inspector that they actually are from kashmir. But from past 15 years once been kicked out from her home, she has been living in jammu and now in delhi in different rented facility. Now she applied again and still it is now Feb. and she applied last Oct. , she is still waiting
    Also she is not educated so no written records.

    My mothers passport no. is 9005128606
    file no. Z051286
    Kindly help us.
    Best Regards
    Payal Bhan

  2. Dear Payal
    You can check the status of your passport application at this site
    Passport Enquiry Status, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India

    If it still does not shows you can also make an application under RTI requesting information under RTI about the status of passport.

    It is recommended you also also how to obtain passport in your case.

    Best wishes.
    Last edited by maneesh; 12-02-07 at 10:35 AM.

  3. File Reference Number : Z051286-06 Application Date : 10-11-2006
    Applicant's Name : PUSHPA BHAN Applicant's Date of Birth : 01-03-1945
    STATUS :

    It is requested to furnish the required information within 15 days.

    It seems you are required to submit some information please contact passport office in this regard

  4. HI Maneesh,
    Thank you for yor earnest reply. I send my little brother there, they tell him, that the enquiry went to jammu , because she had maiden name as misri, so they went to check on my maternal side also.
    Secondly they wanted to know she didnt mention in her application , that she had applied earlier, so there is an objection on her file.
    Please advise me for that what should we submit.
    My father passed away my little brother is not able to get the things done. Is there any no. I can call here. I am in US, so just feels very handicapped
    In short what information they want for that.
    How to file for the RTI, and where to file. I am slightly new to this concept.
    When I applied passport there, it was very simple, although I was in hostel, they didnt object my hometown. Will my passport help her in any case.
    Kindly reply

  5. Dear Payal,
    You can write to the following officers to know tne next course of action

    Shri R.R. Dash,
    Joint Secretary (PV) & Chief Passport Officer,
    Ministry of External Affairs,
    Room No. 20, 1st Floor, Patiala House Annexe, New Delhi.
    Tel: 91-11-23387104, 23384529, Fax: 23382 821,E.mail:

    Joint Secretary (Consular),
    Ministry of External Affairs,
    Patiala House Annexe, New Delhi.
    Tel: 91-11-23388015


    Public Relation Officer (Public Grievances)
    Tel: 91-11-23384519, Fax: 91-11-23384461

    You can explain your case over email and seek suggestion and advise on the issue and ask for guidance. Followed by Phone call if required.

    If i find some thing i will update. Ask your brother to get a copy of the objection as they must have sent by post. You can obtain a copy from the passport officer as well.

    The information regarding passport can be obtained from the website Indian Passport, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India

    You may read our other discussion and FAQ to know more about RTI.
    Last edited by maneesh; 13-02-07 at 08:53 AM.

  6. Moved this thread the correct forum 'Ask for RTI Query' from 'New Member Introduction'

  7. Good Job Aparna

  8. Thank you Maneesh, I will do accordingly what you said.
    Best Regards
    Payal Bhan


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android