Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Land Records-Clarifications

1. Re: Land Records-Clarifications

I have one more doubt. Are adangal and chitta separate docs? From your post, it seems that there is only one document called "adangal chitta". However, if you check the following link https://www.rti.gov.in/Members/pondic...ment/file6.pdf it seems they are different docs. Perhaps there are 3 docs - adangal, chitta and adangal chitta. I have a residential plot and have applied for patta. Please enlighten as to the documents I need to procure

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: Land Records-Clarifications

Old terminologies ares little difficult to grasp. Further this vary from State to State. The name of the document I was referring is Settlement Register. It is called Adangal Register also. I am not very femilar with Adangal Chitta though I had come cross this wordoften.. I had presumed that Adangal Rgister means Adangal Chitta.

3. Re: Land Records-Clarifications

Quote Originally Posted by colnrkurup View Post
    Old terminologies ares little difficult to grasp. Further this vary from State to State. The name of the document I was referring is Settlement Register. It is called Adangal Register also. I am not very femilar with Adangal Chitta though I had come cross this wordoften.. I had presumed that Adangal Rgister means Adangal Chitta.
    Thank you. Let me first get my patta and after that, I will ask for the chitta and adangal. In TamilNadu, land records are all computerised and I read in their website that it is possible to check the patta details and get a chitta extract for Rs. 20 from the information kiosk that is kept at the taluk office. I will post more details on this once I have had a hands on experience regarding the same. The other alternative is to use RTI if it is not possible to get them by normal means.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

From what I had gathered from your postings, the computerisation of land records is complete. So long as you are sure that it is done correctly and the computerised land records is in agreement with your title and possession, things are clean and there is no need for antogonising the revenue staff. It will be better to get the copy of the records by following the laid down system of the department. There may not be any need for using RTI. Wish you good luck.

5. Re: Land Records-Clarifications

It is very useful

Hi Saravannan,
    As you said, Chitta and adangal are a part of Village records and need to be issued by the concerned VAO. I have one proposal where seller is having all the documents except the parent document and he received the patta on the sub - divided plots. Is it good to buy this plot?

Thanks

7. Re: Land Records-Clarifications

parent document can always be obtained in Jurisdictional sub registrar office as certified copies.

Thanks Prabha.
    After receiving the chitta and adangal, they directly given the power to the builder who made a plots. Somewhere in 2009, he got a computer patta on his own name.

I enquired the same with the broker if i applied certified copies whether will I get all the documents from parent document? But he is saying that I will get it from Power documents, all sale deeds.

Is his statement correct ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android