There is a Western railway crossing at Goregaon Ram mandir road gate no is 26.
The authorities have installed a siren system for announcing clousure of the barricade( apart from manual interference and light signal system)which honks at more than prescribed decible limits set by Honourable High Court set against noise pollution in city limits.In fact it is a loud speaker.
I need help to find out, under RTI to whom I should aproach to find out and get proper reply to know if railways have taken PROPER permission from High Court/Govt to use such device which is against high court order for noise pollution in city.
Please note that on the above webpage, one of the modes of payment is BC/DD in favour of "chief cashier". Besides, the information about the siren, can you please also ask for information as to whether the Western Railway has noticed the DoPT circular that payment can be made by BC/DD/IPO in favour of "Accounts Officer" ? The detailed circular can be seen at:
Pls see following details related with your query,
Address of PIO
PIO, DRM office, Western Railway, Mumbai Central, Mumbai - 400 008,
you can ask query
1. Furnish the complaince report of High court about siren system fixed at Rly crossing .........
2. who is the officer who decided for the Siren system at Railway crossing .........located at goregaon station ......
3. Furnish desimil of siren system
4. Up to What excent desimal permitted by Court vide its order.
5. Furnish copy of court order