Re: Right to Rebuke/Reprimand

Thanks a lot gentlemen ,"that's the way I like it."

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sidmis View Post
    Is that allowed?

It's time to insist upon Video Recording of proceedings of all First Appeal Hearings and CIC/SIC hearings.

Sidharth<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    Sidharth,

Please see Agenda Item 5, subsection i) in the CIC Minutes of Meeting held on 19 June 2007:

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Minutes/Minutes19062007.pdf

Sidharth,

Please see Agenda Item 5, subsection i) in the CIC Minutes of Meeting held on 19 June 2007:

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Minutes/Minutes19062007.pdf
    Karira,

Thanks for pointing that out.

Though CCTVs have a limited functionality, at least a begining has been made by CIC in right direction.

These CCTV cameras may record the time of start and finishing of the hearing.
    Why only start and finishing? Why not entire proceedings?

I wonder whether the footage captured by CCTVs are in public domain or not?

Sidharth
    Last edited by sidmis; 23-05-08 at 07:54 AM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Karira,

These CCTV cameras may record the time of start and finishing of the hearing.

Why only start and finishing? Why not entire proceedings?

I wornder whether the footage captured by CCTVs are in in public domain or not?

Sidharth
    If you read about Mr Mukesh Khanna's cases before the CIC, you will understand the backgorund. Just search for his name on the CIC website and read the decisions.

I think CCTV records the complete proceedings - both video and audio. It is only in the context of Mr Mukesh Khanna, that the point about start and finishing of the proceedings is mentioned. But, I am not too sure.

I am also not sure if this has been implemented or not. Since these were in the minutes of meetings only.

CIC decisions are announced in the "open", therefore the CCTV footage should also be in the public domain.

It took me some time to reply to you since I could not remember where I had seen it, although I was sure about it.
    ===================

sagginyou,

Why don't you file a RTI with CIC asking for CCTV footage of any hearing, selected at random.
    It will satisfy your "curiousity".
    Last edited by karira; 23-05-08 at 07:59 AM.

Why don't you file a RTI application to CIC asking for CCTV footage of any hearing selected at random ?
    Yes, I will do that.

I have two hearings coming up, one in next week and the other in the first week of June.

I will ask for a copy of the video footages of both the meetings.

Sidharth

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Yes, I will do that.

I have two hearings coming up, one in next week and the other in the first week of June.

I will ask for a copy of the video footages of both the meetings.

Sidharth
    If you are attending through videoconferencing, it might not be possible at present. Please see item no. 4 in the following minutes:

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Minutes/Minutes13052008.pdf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android