Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: how should I frame RTI application for family pension query

  1. #1

    how should I frame RTI application for family pension query

    My uncle currently gets family pension, following the demise of his wife who was a teacher in Mumbai. However, he has got remarried and is not eligible for family pension anymore. He wishes to transfer the pension in the name of his minor daughter. Since he's now shifted to Kerala, I've been doing the rounds of government offices. The Accountant General's PRO says that the daughter is eligible for the pension, while the Director of Education office clerk says she's not. It is obvious to me that both of them don't know. I wish to file an RTI applicant asking whether she's eligible and if she is, what is the procedure to be followed.

    How would you suggest the query be framed? What specific documents (eg. family pension norms/guideline) should I ask for? Should I quote his case or should it be a general question?

  2. #2
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Rep Power

    Re: how should I frame RTI application for family pension query


    You will have to file a RTI application to PIO in the office of Director of Education, Govt. of Maharashtra. This has to be as per RTI rules of Maharashtra attached to this post:

    As for a general query like certified copy of family pension rules, guidelines, who are eligible, process for transfer of family pension, eligibility for transfer etc...
    You cannot be specific about your case since you have still not applied for anything.

    For further guidance about drafting, submission, etc, please refer to the RTI guide whose link is given at the top of the page.


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android