Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Personal Approach to PIO ?

Re: Personal Approach to PIO ?

Hello TheGreat,

This is an interesting case.

So Keep this forum updated.

Sidharth

Dear Sirs, In response to the letter of FAA, I wrote two letters as advised by Sidmis-one to the PIO "...As no file inspection has been requested or required by me and the information can be supplied through letters, pl. provide me information...." And another to the FAA "....I may please be clarified as to whether my Ist appeal is disposed off or not?" on 16th May.
    And the information was received by me on 23rd May directly from the FAA, free of cost by Regd.Post signed by the Adm.Officer of Group HQ. However, in all their letters, the Designation Seal of FAA or PIO was not stamped.
    Fight for the Right.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

One thing we should remember The works of PIOs and AAs are additional responsibilities assigned. Some of them are busy otherwise. So long as the informtion provided by them serve your required purpose you should not split hairs. Of cource if some of them get funny we should not spare them by throwing every provisions in the Act on them . In this case the Adm Officer seems to have decided tobe straight at least now.. He has given you the informtion free of cost and sent it by registered post. If non-affixation of the designation seal does not affect your requiremet, please forget it.

Hello TheGreat,

Col is Right.

Don't fight on not so important issues. Conserve your energy for a big fight.

>> However, in all their letters, the Designation Seal of FAA or PIO was not stamped.

Kindly confirm whether there's any official Stamp showing the name & designation officer signing it or not?

Unsigned papers are worthless.

Sidharth

No Sidharth ,there is no Official Seal, nor it is a printed form, but a typed one. As typed the signatory is Admin.Officer for Group Com. I have made a mistake in my RTI question for which, I was not able to get the proper answer. But I am satisfied with it.
    Fight for the Right.

Yes Sirs, I wanted to make a full stop to this, But Pl.read:-
    I shought certain information form the Gr.Comm.NCC, a copy of which has been forwarded to the V.C.of the University,might be due to involvement of Educational Matter with he is not connected directly. I received a copy of the letter from the Director of the University where he states that, it"RELATED TO THE INTERNAL ADMINISTRATIVE MATTER OF THE COLLEGE"
    Applied on 27.2.08 as no communication made to me Appeal on 25.4.08
    Received Information on 23.5.08 though not satisfactory.
    Should I appeal to the next higher Authority to impose fine for the period 27.3.08 to 22.5.08 i.e.till I received information. IF ALL CONCERN TRY TO HARSH ME.
    Yours sincerely, Mishra

"RELATED TO THE INTERNAL ADMINISTRATIVE MATTER OF THE COLLEGE"

It has no place in Right to Information.

If it is available in material form and not exempted under any clause then it has to be disclosed. Since no exemption clause is invoked it means the information should be discosed.

You can go for 2nd appeal if 45 days limit is over.

I wanted to make a full stop to this...
    RTI is a never ending process.
    There's no stopping once you take the plunge.
    Last edited by sidmis; 07-06-08 at 11:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android