Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personal Approach to PIO ?

Dear Sirs,
    i)I have sought certain information from the local N.C.C. office addressing to the PIO i.e. Commanding Officer on 27.2.08
    ii) As no communication has been made to me til 24.4.08, I made an appeal to the FAA on 25.4.08. As address of the FAA was not known to me, I sent it to the next higher authorities i.e. Group Commander with a request to forward it to the proper authority if he is not directly dealing with the matter.
    iii)I received an ordinary letter lately from the Group HQ Office which is dated 29.4.2008. This letter shows that, a copy of my appeal has been sent to the NCC Directorate,Orissa And a copy to me, where in it is written that, "YOU ARE REQUESTED TO APPROACH 11(o)Bn NCC FOR THE REQUIRED INFORMATION" i.e.I have to approach the PIO, means personal interview.
    Hence, Whether it is justified on my part to approach the PIO,personally, who has not responded to me earlier ?( I do not like to do so.)
    Please guide me if any members has such experience.
    Yours Sincerely, A.K.Mishra

› Find content similar to: Personal Approach to PIO ?

Attached Images Attached Images Personal Approach to PIO ?-ncc-jpg 
    Fight for the Right.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: Personal Approach to PIO ?

I think I gave you through this forum the correct address of the PIO and the AA. All you have to do is follow strictly as per the RTI Act. Request application to the PIO., followed by the First Appeal and Second Appeal. There is absolutely no legal requirement of your personal attendence to the PIO.

Name:
    Ashok Ku. Mishra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes Cornel Sir, You have told me about NCC Directorate as the FAA. I am sorry that I could not follow you. As I submitted my application to the Commanding Officer i.e.PIO, I made my Appeal to the next higher authority Group Commander. Next I will make 2nd appeal to the Commission. To avoid all such correspondance, I sought my request to intimate me the information through e-mail. Another reaon for request through e-mail is that sometimes the PIO letter for depositing fees are missing as they sent those letter by Ordinary post, might be intentional.
    But What is to be done now? I think I will not reply to the FAA. and will go on for 2nd appeal.
    Yours sinceerely,A.K.Mishra
    Fight for the Right.

Name:
    Sidharth
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yes Cornel Sir,

But What is to be done now? I think I will not reply to the FAA. and will go on for 2nd appeal.
    Yours sinceerely,
    A.K.Mishra
    Hello TheGreat,

Though your post was referenced to ColNRKurup, I am just chipping into it.

Approaching the PIO for information is always a better Option than to fall into the Time Trap of 2nd Appeal.

If you are reluctant to approach the PIO personally then write to him to supply information as instructed by his superior authority. As such if no file inspection is requested then information can only be supplied through letter only. So no need to visit the PIO personally.

Write another letter to the official who gave that instruction to seek clarification whether your 1st appeal is disposed off or not?

After collecting as much information from the PIO as possible, go for 1st/2nd Appeal.

In the meanwhile you may also file another RTI Application seeking info on how your Original RTI Application is handled?

You have time in your hand. Use it wisely. Don't rush into 2nd Appeal so soon.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

There is no need to approach the PIO personally.
    Please do as suggested by colnrkurup and sidmis.

Name:
    Ashok Ku. Mishra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks to Col.Saab,Sidmis and Karira, for your valuable suggestion. With due regards to Col.Saab ,I am to say that, before going on for 2nd appeal I shall write to the PIO to supply information,as instructed. Actually answer to my only question is a difficult one,
    even my employer was also informed about the fact that I have seek such information from them, though I have not mentioned my official address on the org.RTI application.
    Yours sincerely,Mishra.
    Fight for the Right.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Sidharth has brought in a very important aspect. An applicant should interpret the Rules to his own convenience. Sidharth has brought in a very imnportant facto.TIME MANAGEMENT. iF ONE GO FOR SECOND APPEAL HE CAN FORGET IT FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR. But the applicant bent slightly his affairs can normally sorted out within a month. Use the option wisely.

Name:
    Ashok Ku. Mishra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank You Cornel Saab, I have submitted letter as advised by Sidartha.
    Fight for the Right.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android