Thread: Information about Electrohomopathy colleges in ludhiana

Electrohomopathy colleges

I am surprised see the information provided by A.P.I.O. Deputy Commissioner Ludhiana. Without disclosing the proceedings of Committes,he said that my letter, providing him more documents related to iillegal Electrohomopathy colleges to help the committes formed by D.C. Ldh., had been forwarded to S.S.P. Ldh. despite the fact the committes were formed by D.C. Ldh. Now I have applied for information refering his order no. 19685-92/M.A. dated 30-11-06.

2. Kindly ask your issues in the separate topic. I have currently moved your post to create a new thread.

3. Please also explain your problem in detail

With reference to above, it is to submit that the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, vide its letter no.R.14015/25/96-U&H(R) (Pt.) dated 25th November, 2003, has very categorically stated that Electropathy/Electrohomoeopathy and some other alternative medicine therapies are not recognised systems of medicine. The letter further requested the State Governments to ensure that “… institutions under the State/UT do not grant any degree/diploma in the stream of medicine which have not been recommended for recognition and the term `Doctor’ is used by practitioners of recognised system of medicine.” .

Further, in his letter bearing D.O. No.V.25011/199/2005-MR dated 03.01.2006, Dr. Anbumani Ramadoss, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare has very clearly stated that “… students who have studied the system of electrohomoeopathy are not eligible to practice the system and treat the patients.” The Minister has reiterated in this letter that “State/UT Governments have been requested vide Ministry’s letter dated 25.11.03 to ensure that the institutions under them do not grant any degree/diploma in the stream of medicine which have not been recommended for recognition and the term `Doctor’ is used only by practitioners of recognised system of medicine.”

In response to my application under the Right to Information Act, 2005, the Civil Surgeon, Ludhiana vide his letter no.Drugs-06/2600 dated 08.09.2006 has also very clearly stated that it practice in the system of Electrohomoeopathy is not allowed since it is not recognised by the Government of India.

Further, in response to my application under the Right to Information Act to the Chief Minister/Health Secretary, the Registrar of Council of Homoeopathic System of Medicine, Punjab, Chandigarh has also stated that it had on 18.11.2004 written to the D.C.s, S.S.P.s etc. of Punjab to take action against these institutes and clinics operating in Punjab.

Regretfully, it is stated that despite clear instructions of the Central Government, more than 60 institutes in Punjab and their 14 affiliating boards spread throughout India continue to fleece gullible students in Punjab by awarding degree of `Bachelor of Electropathy Medicine & Surgery (B.E.M.S.)’. It is pertinent to mention that some of these institutes have come up even after the issuance of directions by the Union Government. Majority of these institutes do not have any infrastructure and some are even run from shops and clinics.

These so-called institutes are spoiling the prime span of life of innocent students who join the course least knowing that they would not be able to practice as Doctors. The award of degrees by these unscrupulous institutes is clearly a fraud with the students as it spoils their career.

I am one such victim of one of such institutes. I have wasted 7 precious years in pursuing the course and practicing it. I had to quit practice when I learnt that the system is not even recognised and practicing it is illegal. It is pertinent to mention that the certificate issued to me by the N.E.H.M. of India very boldly bears the words “Authorised by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India”.

Despite my request to the health authorities in Punjab, no action has been taken by the State government to stop these self-proclaimed institutes and their affiliating boards for the reasons best known to them.

After collecting information from various sources about such institutes in Punjab and their affiliating boards across the country, I have prepared a list of 69 such institutes, which is enclosed as Annexure `G’ for your perusal but there may be many more. Since, I have gathered information about these institutes from various sources, you are requested to get it checked independently.

in response to my application under the Right to Information Act, 2005, the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, vide its letter no.R.25011/176/2006-MR dated 13th September, 2006, has very categorically stated that Electropathy/Electrohomoeopathy is not a recognised systems of medicine and it is not permissible to practice in such a system of medicine. This has also been made clear in notification no. 14015/25/96-U&H(R)(Pt.).The letter further made clear that “… no college can issue degree/diplomas or certificate in Electrohomoeopathy and ….. State Govt. is empowered to take action under Indian law against such colleges”.

At last on 25-09-06 I have approached to D.G. P. Punjab to register F.I.R's against the guilty. Now I have seek the information From D.G. P. Punjab Under RTI Act about my application. But till date No response has come out from D.G.P. Punjab.

I request you to Highlight this matter & save the students from the institutes/affiliating Boards awarding degrees in Electropathy/Electrohomoeopathy for committing fraud on students and for violating the directions of the Union Government in order to save the credulous students from being cheated further.
    Thanking you,

Yours truly,

Kuldeep Singh Khaira

5. Re: Information about Electrohomopathy colleges in ludhiana

Electropathy colleges duping state youth

By IE (Friday Jun 15, 04:43AM)

Degrees are not recognised; colleges running from dilapidated, makeshift structures

Careers of thousands of youths in the state are in jeopardy as the government has failed to check illegal electropathy colleges across the state.

As Electro-homoeopathy Medicine and Surgery (EHMS) degree is not recognised by the government, scores of aspiring doctors are being fleeced by these institutions, many of which are running from dilapidated, makeshift structures.

The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, in its letter dated November 25, 2003, had categorically stated that electropathy/ electro-homoeopathy and some other alternative medicine therapies were not recognised systems of medicine.

The letter ordered the state government to ensure that such institutions do not grant any degree or diploma and the term "doctor" cannot be used by these degree or diploma-holders.

In a letter dated January 3, 2006, Dr Anbumani Ramadoss, Union Health Minister, also clearly stated that "the students who have studied the system of electro-homoeopathy are not eligible to practise and treat patients".

Kuldeep Singh Khaira, a resident of Ludhiana is waging a lone battle for justice as he wasted his eight youthful years studying this course and spent lakhs of rupees, but is forced to help his father in dairy business because he cannot practice as a doctor.

Blaming the government and the bureaucracy for their sluggish approach, he said, "I have written hundreds of letters that if the degrees provided by these colleges and institutions are not recognised, then why are the institutions functioning under the nose of the authorities. But I got no response."

He said in response to his application under the Right to Information Act, the Ludhiana Civil Surgeon wrote on September 8, 2006, that electro-homoeopathy was not recognised by the Government
    of India.

In response to his application under the RTI, the Chief Minister, Health Secretary, Registrar of Council of Homoeopathic System of Medicine, Punjab, informed that deputy commissioners and SSPs in Punjab have been asked to take action against these institutes and clinics.
    "Over 60 institutes in Punjab are fleecing students by awarding degrees. Majority of these institutes do not have proper infrastructure and some are even running from shops and clinics," said Khaira.

Anil Sharma, who runs Medical College in the city, admitted that the degrees had not been recognised so far, but that could not restrain them from imparting education. "Efforts are on and recognition will be provided, and our association is working towards it," he said, adding, "Many of our students are practising, but I don't know why Khaira had a problem."

Khaira, who has filed a writ petition against the institutes and the state, said, "These unscrupulous institutes are a fraud."

Though none of the Health and Medical Education officials were ready to comment on the issue, Principal Secretary, Medical Education, Punjab, has issued a letter (copy available with The Indian Express) to all the DCs and SSPs to act against these institutes.'

Electropathy colleges duping state youth - Yahoo! India News

Related thread: Too many quacks ruin city’s health
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 16-06-07 at 08:35 PM.