Thread: Employee Provident Fund transfer by use of Right to Information Act- Success Story

1. Employee Provident Fund transfer by use of Right to Information Act- Success Story

Is there any time limit the CAPIO/CPIO need to reply back. I have sent only PF RTI application to KR puram office in bangalore. Its been more than 10 days, I haven't got any reply or got the PF transfer happened.

2. Re: How to know the status of PF Transfer

BTW, how do we track the status of RTI application :-)..

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: How to know the status of PF Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by swamynath View Post
    Is there any time limit the CAPIO/CPIO need to reply back. I have sent only PF RTI application to KR puram office in bangalore. Its been more than 10 days, I haven't got any reply or got the PF transfer happened.
    You have to wait 30 days from the date when the PIO received the RTI Application.

Please add another 5 days or so for postal delays. If still no reply, please file First Appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by swamynath View Post
    BTW, how do we track the status of RTI application :-)..
    No method as of now, except in Delhi (that too only some PA's).
    Last edited by karira; 13-05-08 at 06:14 PM. Reason: spelling correction

4. Re: Is there any time limit the CAPIO/CPIO need to reply back.

I have got the ack copy of my registered post from CAPIO.. Lets see how long it takes to process the application. Will update more once I get the PF transfer or reply

5. Re: Is there any time limit the CAPIO/CPIO need to reply back.

Folks,
    Its unbelievable. When I reached home back after posting the yesterdays message, I had the Speed Post received at my home. Its Incredible. Neat clean letter with the reply on the status and PF transfer details. I guess they manipulated some thing as if the have done the tranfer before that (with 3 days back on the cheque).
    Thanks folks for your help... I got the reply and transfer within 7 working days after they received the my RTI application

6. Re: Employee Provident Fund transfer by use of Right to Information Act- Success Story

This is the copy of the thread posted at RTI Query here:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/4095-t...eply-back.html

As RTI had helped in getting the Employee Provident Fund transferred, I have copied it to the 'Successs Stories' Section of the RTI India.

For reference to write about Provident Fund Transfer details use our RTI India Guide here:
    RTI Guide

and also get the basic form for filling the Provident Fund RTI Application here

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...dent-fund.html

Thank You!

7. Re: Employee Provident Fund transfer by use of Right to Information Act- Success Story

i want to do the same thing.. file a RTI against PF Office Mumbai for the delay in my PF Transfer..
    I have tried my best to follow the procedure for the same but i am all confused about the fees..
    Could some body please let me know how to start the procedure.
    Either to contact directly Mumbai Office or Go to Post Office and follow this channel of filing RTI.

Please explain in detail about the procedure..

Many Thanks

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Employee Provident Fund transfer by use of Right to Information Act- Success Story

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchit Kapur View Post
    Please explain in detail about the procedure..
    Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for the Centre.
    These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

Please also read:

Time limits specified in the RTI Act - Guide
    How to submit a RTI Application - Guide
    Twitter: @cjkarira