Results 1 to 2 of 2
Views: 6253 | 16-05-08, 04:38 PM #1Early Adoptors
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- 0 Post(s)
Getting Info From Regional Transport Office (RTO)
Hi fellow Indians,
I live in Ulhasnagar City which falls under Thane District, Maharashtra.
Our city relies heavily on Auto-Rickshaws for commuting to the various parts of the city.
As a result there has been a huge surge in the number of Auto-Rickshaws in Ulhasnagar.
We in Ulhasnagar are now faced with a huge problem of traffic across the city and most importantly THE ADDED AMOUNT OF SMOKE EMITED BY THESE AUTO-RICKSHAWS.
I myself have an "Honda Activa" and while driving it across the city, I have been noticing since last few months that almost all of the Auto-Rickshaws in our city emit smoke (Dark Black or Grey in Colour) in excess of statutory limits which is very harmful to the health of people driving behind the auto-rickshaw and most importantly it causes heavy air pollution in an already congested city.
One need not be a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion that these auto-rickshaws have been flouting the PUC norms since years in our city. Now I want to use RTI to get information from the Regional Transport Office incharge of looking after pollution control.
I have certain queries regarding the same, it would be very kind if you people can help me out:
Q1) I have been told that Maharashtra Govt. has enacted a special format for submitting an RTI Application in Maharashtra, so if anyone has it kindly let me know.
Q2) I am not sure to whom should I address (Which PIO?) the RTI Application and where should i submit it (Which RTO office?)
Q3) I have drafted some questions, help me ask more of them
- What are the registered number of auto-rickshaws in Ulhasnagar as of 1st January, 2008?
- How many police constables have been assigned the duty of handling and monitoring road traffic in Ulhasnagar?
- How many auto-rickshaws have been found violating the Pollution Under Control (PUC) norms in the year 2007-08?
- What action has been taken against these auto-rickshaws not complying the Pollution Under Control (PUC) norms?
- What is the amount of fine collected from these auto-rickshaws for violating Pollution Under Control (PUC) norms?
- What steps are being taken by the Regional Transport Office to prevent violation of Pollution Under Control (PUC) Norms by auto-rickshaws in Ulhasnagar?
Many more questions can be asked from the RTO regarding the said matter.
I humbly request all of you to suggest other questions as you may deem fit and also suggest rectifications, if any, for the questions I have laid down above.
hoping for favorable reply.
› Find content similar to: Getting Info From Regional Transport Office (RTO)
17-05-08, 09:33 AM #2
Re: Getting Info From Regional Transport Office (RTO)
This is a very good subject for follow up through RTI !
Congratulations for your constructive thoughts.
1. Your RTI application has to be as per RTI Rules framed by Maharashtra Government.
A copy of the rules is attached to this post:
2. The RTI application has to be submitted to the PIO of the RTO which is the licence issuing authority for Ulhasnagar area. That is the same place where you might have got your motorcycle registered or licence issued. Just address the application to:
The State Public Information Officer (SPIO)
under the RTI Act 2005
3. The information you are asking for is perfect. I have just 2 suggestions. Please add the following also:
a) Please give me the certified copies of pollution levels of Nitrogen Oxides, Sulphur Oxides, Particulate matter, etc. in different places in Ulhasnagar (where available) in the following periods:
b) Somewhere at the end of the application, also add that I want to know this information under Section 6(1) of the RTI Act 2005 as well as under Section 4(1)(d) of the RTI Act 2005, since I am a "affected" person.
For further help and before drafting your application, please read the useful guiding articles in the RTI Guide section of this forum (link is available at the top of the home page).