Name:
    G Ramanathan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how to get the status of new ration card which I applied last year?

Hi Friends

For the last 15 years I was in New Delhi with my family and came and settled at Chennai Last year. In Delhi we have surrendered the Ration card and as soon as we came to Chennai, we have applied for new ration card submitting the surrender letter with a copy of ration card to Tambaram Ration office.(as we are living in Puzhuthiwakkam, Chennai-91, it falls of Tambaram Taluk, Kanchipuram Dist.)

Whenever we go to Ration office, the reply is same - 'you will get it as we hv recommended your case'

Now it is more than one year, we really don't know the staus of same and when we will get it.

Is anybody help me how to get the present status of abv ration card?

Regards

G. Ramanathan

› Find content similar to: how to get the status of new ration card which I applied last year?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: how to get the status of new ration card which I applied last year?

Mr Ramanathan, welcome to RTIIndia community.Since this site is only for RTI related issues,you are requested to post your query at our sister site : http://www.bighelpers.org

For all your RTI related queries please do not hesitate to post at this site,you will get all possible assistance. good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Write a RTI application to the PIO C/o Rationing Officer with the following Details:-

I had applied for a new Ration Card and a copy of the appropriate document is enclosed herewith. No satisfactory action has been taken on my application so far. Please provide the following information with respect to the same:
    1. Daily progress made on my application till date.
    2. Names and designations of the officials with whom my application was lying during this period. Please intimate the periods when it was lying with which officer and what action was taken by that official during that period on what dates.
    3. Please give a the proof of receipt and dispatch of my application in the offices of each of these officials.
    4. According to your rules or citizens charter or any other order, in how many days should such a matter be dealt with and resolved. Please provide a copy of these rules.
    5. The above officials have not adhered to the time limit mentioned in these rules and are guilty of violating these rules and hence guilty of misconduct under their conduct rules. Please give a copy of their conduct rule, which they have violated by violating the above mentioned rule.
    6. These officials have caused serious mental injury to me by making me run around all this while. Are these officials guilty of causing mental harassment to the public?
    7. What action will be taken against these officials for violating all the above rules and for causing mental agony to the public?
    8. By when this action would be taken?
    9. When will I get my Ration Card?
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 23-05-08 at 11:26 PM.

Name:
    G Ramanathan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nile0611 View Post
    Write a RTI application to the PIO C/o Rationing Officer with the following Details:-

I had applied for a new Ration Card and a copy of the appropriate document is enclosed herewith. No satisfactory action has been taken on my application so far. Please provide the following information with respect to the same:
    1. Daily progress made on my application till date.
    2. Names and designations of the officials with whom my application was lying during this period. Please intimate the periods when it was lying with which officer and what action was taken by that official during that period on what dates.
    3. Please give a the proof of receipt and dispatch of my application in the offices of each of these officials.
    4. According to your rules or citizens charter or any other order, in how many days should such a matter be dealt with and resolved. Please provide a copy of these rules.
    5. The above officials have not adhered to the time limit mentioned in these rules and are guilty of violating these rules and hence guilty of misconduct under their conduct rules. Please give a copy of their conduct rule, which they have violated by violating the above mentioned rule.
    6. These officials have caused serious mental injury to me by making me run around all this while. Are these officials guilty of causing mental harassment to the public?
    7. What action will be taken against these officials for violating all the above rules and for causing mental agony to the public?
    8. By when this action would be taken?
    9. When will I get my Ration Card?
    Dear Sharmaji

Thank u very much for your suggestion and it really worked out. I hv sent only one mail just copy and paste of your words (along with acknowledment receipt number which was given by Tambaram Zonal Office at the time of applying for Ration Card) to Commissioner of Civil Supplies & Customer Protection on 28.05.08.

I hv recd a copy of msg fm him (dated 03.06.08) which is addressed to PSS to CCSS to take immediate action within 24 hours with a copy to petioner.

on 4.6.08, I hv recd a reply fm PS to CCSS that our card is ready and asked us to collect it fm Tambaram Zonal Office and if we have faced any problem ask us to contact him over telephone (giving the tel. no.)

on 5.6.08 My wife went and collected the Ration Card fm Tambaram Office.

Thank you verymuch for your valuable suggestion to get the ration card.

Keep it up. My hearty congratulations to RTI INDIA.org for writing my problems and get a good suggestion fm you.

Best Regards

Ramanathan G.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

We are indeed thrilled when we receive such feedbacks. I am shifting this thread to "Success Stories".
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Ramanathan,

That is indeed a very fast response you received !
    Thanks for giving feedback. That will encourage others also to use RTI !

That is an inspiring event which would enthuse users of RTI Act.

Name:
    Arockia Chinnappa Raj. K
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I 've applied for new ration card in the month of April '08. And till August I didn't get any letter and there was no enquiry also.

At last I found a solution from bighelers.org "Writing a <acronym title="Right to Information">RTI</acronym> Application". Instead there is a provision to Register a complaint in Tamil Nadu Government Civil Supplies Website.

1. Go to:
    http://wserver1.tn.nic.in:9005/ccs_c...vance_home.jsp

2. Select Complaint relation to: Card.

3. Fill in all the mandatory fields.

4. Select Complaint Type: Delay in issue of New Card.

5. And fill all the necessary fields.

6. Also don't forget to write the Complaint Details.

The next day you can expect a mail from css@tn.gov.in.

Actually, I registered a Complaint on 23/08/2008 (saturday).
    I got reply on 25/08/2008.
    The very next day 26/08/2008, I got my New Ration Card.

Regards,
    kacraj.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast