Thread: Non-immigrant Visa Application status

Non-immigrant Visa Application status

Hi All,

I am an employee of a Pvt. Ltd. company based at Pune.I am working in this company from last one year.In the month of march,I've get informed that me and one of my colleague has been chosen for the business meetings that are going to be held at Minnesota,USA.Our company applied for our visas and we both appeared for the interview on 7th April.Thing that amazed me was the interviewer, after asking some basic questions (which I think answered as they should be) gave me a yellow form onto which it was written that my visa has been put on pending state due to "Administrative Reasons".And she told me that I'll be contacted by the consulate within a week.My colleague got the visa approved there only.Now, this is over 40 days and I don't know the status of my visa.I tried to call them but didn't get any proper response.Please note "proper".The person I talked to was not even willing to provide any information.This is totally a harassment of general public.My tentative date for leaving to USA is 24th May.Should I use the RTI or is there any other provision so that I could get the correct information.

Thanks,

Wasim

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Non-immigrant Visa Application status

Wasim,

The RTI Act is not applicable to Embassies/Consulates/High Commissions of foreign nations in India.

It is prerogative of the host country to issue or not issue a visa.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android