prem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: press under purview of rti act

Press is an organisation. A/c to rti act ,any organisation recevieing aid in any form by govt is under net of rti act. Indivduals are not covered for simple reason.simply you have to direct yor application to PIO of information and broadcasting , government of india.

› Find content similar to: How to Bridle the Press and bring it under RTI ?

Name:
    Sandeep Baheti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: press under purview of rti act

I feel Mr. Prem has a point. Since I am unaware of the amount of subsidy and terms and conditions associated with it, I am unable to comment much.

Name:
    Sandeep Baheti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How to Bridle the Press and bring it under RTI ?

Two threads on the same topic merged into one.

Name:
    whackpack india
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How to Bridle the Press and bring it under RTI ?

if using of subsidized paper makes press subject to RTI, what about digital media? and most organizations use diesel for transportation, which is also subsidized.

lot more thinking to go into this, i feel.

Name:
    divakar s natarajan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How to Bridle the Press and bring it under RTI ? RE:Subsidies to the press

Subsidies for the Press are given with the clear intent that they will serve and protect the public interest ie the rights of citizens.

Subsidies for citizens are given for a variety of political or "economic" reasons.

The Press is very much a public institution. The "Fourth Estate".

It can or must be held accountable when it is perceived to have failed the public trust.

To have a spiked press or a press firing away like a loose cannon is a public menace.

We ought to evolve from the era of the Hearstian press, that menaces to "make or break" citizens.

Technology is threatening to make the press obsolete.

I would rather have a sane, well trained, thoughtful and intelligent press.

Much as I would prefer to have an army, police force or citizenry with the same attributes.

Name:
    surinder mittal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help

i want to know that whether the news paper houses /establishments are covered under RTI with regard to their management, staff etc. as they are getting newsprint from the Govt. of India at the subsidised rates.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: help

Quote Originally Posted by sk.mittal65 View Post
    i want to know that whether the news paper houses /establishments are covered under RTI with regard to their management, staff etc. as they are getting newsprint from the Govt. of India at the subsidised rates.
    Merged your post into a existing thread.
    Please read this whole thread.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12