Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrong RTI reponse!! But PASSPORT PROCESS was finished within few days of that response.Is it right?

Re: Wrong RTI reponse!! But PASSPORT PROCESS was finished within few days of that response.Is it right?

I agree with what KARIRA has suggested. We must take our actions to the logical conclusion. You got benefit out of RTI. Eventhough it is partial relief it satisfies your immediate need. So you dont want to pursue it to the logical conclusion. The Act is for the benefit of all. As a social service you must spare some of your precious time and effort to make an appeal in this case. By the way it is not necessarily corruption that is causing the delay in issue of passports. My own assessment is that shortage of staff and disproportionately large number of applications under TATKAL scheme are partly contributing for the delay. That, ofcourse, is the other side of the story!

2. Re: Wrong RTI reponse!! But PASSPORT PROCESS was finished within few days of that response.Is it right?

Well said Taurus,
    There is always other side of the story. And i disagree from venkatraghavang at one hand he is not willing to spare little of his time to take the issue to logical course and on the other he is dismissing the whole thing by saying
    What will happen if this small drop of water gets cleared when a ocean of dirty water is present??
    If people have stood there ground there would not have been corruption to begin with. The only solution lies in people take the issue to logical conclusion. Who knows some one might find what taurus says shortage of staff is the one of the reason for prevalent corruption!!
    RTI India Network Staff Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android