Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrong RTI reponse!! But PASSPORT PROCESS was finished within few days of that response.Is it right?

1. Wrong RTI reponse!! But PASSPORT PROCESS was finished within few days of that response.Is it right?

Hi to all,
    After a very long time of nearly 10 months of waiting, i received my passport from nearly 40 days from the date i applied for RTI.. The process was simply superb and helped a lot in my processing of passport.
    Eventhough, i had all my verifications completed, i din get the passport for nearly 10 months from june 2007 till last week. I applied RTI on March 10th and passport was in my hand in the end of april!!
    Anyway i din had a good response from RTI. Even in that response, they mentioned the reason for delay as "INVALID POLICE VERIFICATION REPORT" and they gave two PP forms to fill it up and send. But, i got the passport in hand two days later!!
    Why they give such an invalid response? What can i do with that RTI response? Anyway i don wan to disturb anyone, but is such a reply is right?

Re: Wrong RTI reponse!! But PASSPORT PROCESS was finished within few days of that response.Is it right?

There are two ways of looking at this case.
    1. You have received your passport , so why bother furthur.
    2.Even though you have received your passport without PIO having done anything positive, on the other hand he gave you wrong /malafide information barely two days before you actually received your passport.
    PIO,if not penalised/warned now, shall continue to deny/give wrong information till some courageous person takes him to task.
    Decision is yours, for first appeal if you decide ,see format and procedure at RTI Guide section(top blue colour last)
    Dont hesitate to seek help,if you require,just post at RTI Query . Good luck.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Wrong RTI reponse!! But PASSPORT PROCESS was finished within few days of that response.Is it right?

venkat,

I echo opsharma's views.

My draft RTI application for passport woes has been used by at least 700 people in Hyderabad alone and I have no idea about how many more in the rest of India.

Even that has not made any difference.

Your decision to take the RTI application to its logical conclusion, will not only help other citizens who face a similar situation BUT will also help you when you go back to renew your passport after 10 years !

I fully agree with Mr Sharma. It will helpful for others. The same situation is facing my collegue, he had applied for passport and police verification has also be done and even confirmed by police personnel that they hv sent the documents to RPO. But till date he has not received passport. I suugest him to reister in RTIINDIA.ORG and write your problem and surely you will get suggestion from anybody who had succeeded in getting passport, Since thru this site i hv got suggestion and I received my ration card within 3/4 days from the date of just sending a mail to all.

Ramanathan G
    Chennai - 91

Quote Originally Posted by venkatraghavang View Post
    Hi to all,
    After a very long time of nearly 10 months of waiting, i received my passport from nearly 40 days from the date i applied for RTI.. The process was simply superb and helped a lot in my processing of passport.
    Eventhough, i had all my verifications completed, i din get the passport for nearly 10 months from june 2007 till last week. I applied RTI on March 10th and passport was in my hand in the end of april!!
    Anyway i din had a good response from RTI. Even in that response, they mentioned the reason for delay as "INVALID POLICE VERIFICATION REPORT" and they gave two PP forms to fill it up and send. But, i got the passport in hand two days later!!
    Why they give such an invalid response? What can i do with that RTI response? Anyway i don wan to disturb anyone, but is such a reply is right?
    u can directly go to CIC giving facts:
    1. the information given is not true
    2.the reply as given tentamounts to refusal
    prayer penal action under section20(1)&(2) be initiated against CPIO
    ain case CPIO fails to furnish the infornation then he should be directed to file an afidavited on NJ stamp paper giving reason thereof
    grounds of the prayer greater public intrest
    ANil kulshrestha

Venkat,which option did you finally chose (refer to posts 2 and 3)? Only for our statistic records wrt paths opted by average members, this information is considered important.
    Thanks.

7. Re: Wrong RTI reponse!! But PASSPORT PROCESS was finished within few days of that response.Is it right?

Sharma,
    I found that making a case again with Passport Office will surely take up my precious time and WHO knows, even my case may go void due to their Power of administration even though they made wrong analysis. I left out the matter thereof. Corruption everywhere, not just with passport office alone. What will happen if this small drop of water gets cleared when a ocean of dirty water is present??

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Venkat,

Someone has to make a start.

Remember the quote which our member jps50 always cites:

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change a nation; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
    -Dr. Margaret Mead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android