Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BWSSB & BDA, Bangalore

BWSSB & BDA, Bangalore

Dear friends

I have 2 querie

1) BDA - I have sent an application for infomation to the PIO (Town Planner Member). So far no reponse / reply even after 30 days.
    Should I approach the Apellate authroity - the commissioner ?

2) The BWSSB is fully karnataka govt organisation. In their website, the details of PIO are not provided. I have sent an application to the PRO of BWSSB as per the RTI. Even after 30 days no repsonse / reply.
    Should I make an appeal to the chairman of BWSSB. The PIO and Apellate officer details are not available on website

Request help / suggestions from some in Bangalore

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: BWSSB & BDA, Bangalore

Please recheck if your RTI application/fees paid/mode of payment were as per the Karnataka RTI Rules.

You should also have a proof of submitting the RTI application.

BDA: Please go for First Appeal. A general format for First Appeal in case of denial of information is attached to the following post:
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3363-d...html#post11618
    In case you have asked for information which the PIO might have to charge you, please include the following in "prayer/relief sought":
    "As per Sec 7(6) of the RTI Act, the PIO should be instructed that the information requested by me should be provided "free of charge" since the information was not provided within the mandated 30 days as per Sec 7(1) of the RTI Act 2005"

BWSSB: In case the applicant is not aware of who is the AA in a Public Authority, a First Appeal can be filed with "any officer higher in rank to the PIO", as per various decisions/orders of the CIC. In your case, even the PIO details are not known. Therefore you can file the First Appeal with the "Administrative Head" of the Public Authority - that is the Chairman.

Dear Sirs,

My appeal with the apellate authority (BDA commissioner) was taken for hearing today. The Town Planner member said the information is to be provided by Engineering member and the Engineer member said it is to be provided by Town Planner Member.
    The commissioner ruled that the information is to be provided by the Town Planner member with in 7 days by the Town planner member (since the information was originally requested to the PIO - Town Planner member and that it is his responsibility to collect information from the departments within BDA and provide to the applicant).

Let me wait for one week whether they are providing the information

Regards

Hi,

I have a similar situation with BWSSB in Karnataka, Bangalore. I want to make an application to them but do not know who to address the application to and where to submit. Can anyone help me on the same. Thanks.

Bhargava

Hi

Address to

The Chairman / The Public Relations Officer (Information officer)
    Bangalore Water Supply & Sewerage Board (BWSSB)
    Cauvery Bhavan, K.G. Road
    Bangalore 560 009

thx and rgds

haridas

Thanks Haridas. Hope they answer queries.

BWSSB :- Appellate Authority - Chief Administrative Officer
    Tel:-22945102

PIO as such is not given , but most probably in that office he is called "Competent Authority" and that is PRO. And you have addressed your RTI application rightly.

Hi,

I asked a question to BWSSB and BDA - This is regarding laying of underground drainage line.
    Drainage lines were laid by BWSSB underneath a road damaging the road and was left unrepaired.
    When I asked BWSSB (via RTI), they replied that permission was given by BDA to lay the pipeline. They haven't given any letter though I asked for it. When I asked BDA (via RTI), BDA replied they have not given any permission to BWSSB to lay the pipeline.
    One of them is obviously lying.
    How do we handle it ?

Look for your advise

thanks and regards

Haridas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android