Drainage lines were laid by BWSSB underneath a road damaging the road and was left unrepaired.
When I asked BWSSB (via RTI), they replied that permission was given by BDA to lay the pipeline. They haven't given any letter though I asked for it. When I asked BDA (via RTI), BDA replied they have not given any permission to BWSSB to lay the pipeline.
One of them is obviously lying.
How do we handle it ?
1. If BWSSB has not provided you the copy of the permission from BDA (if you asked for it in your application), then they have given you "incomplete and misleading" information.
Go for First Appeal under Sec 19(1).
2. In your First Appeal, also enclose the letter you received from BDA stating that "....... letter no.........dated.........in reply to my RTI application to BDA is enclosed, which states that........no permission has been given by BDA for your work.............". Hence the replyt given to me by your SPIO is false.
3. Include in your "Prayer or Relief sought":
- To provide Complete, True and Direct information sought by you
- Written warning to the SPIO that the applicant will approach the
Karnataka State Information Commission for impositon of Penalty under Sec 20 since he has provided Incomplete , False and Misleading information.
4. Similarly, file a First Appeal with BDA. Enclose a copy of the RTI reply received from BWSSB. Point out the contradictions and Pray for similar relief as above.
The other alternative you have is to directly lodge a Complaint with KSIC under Section 18(e) but looking at the backlog with the KSIC, that will take a long time to come up for hearing. You will have to file 2 separate Complaints since you have 2 separate RTI applications and replies.
Could you please provide the details of The Public Information Officer of BDA.
How to file an RTI to know the Owner of Plot.
Could please guide me.
Originally Posted by ks.haridas
My appeal with the apellate authority (BDA commissioner) was taken for hearing today. The Town Planner member said the information is to be provided by Engineering member and the Engineer member said it is to be provided by Town Planner Member.
The commissioner ruled that the information is to be provided by the Town Planner member with in 7 days by the Town planner member (since the information was originally requested to the PIO - Town Planner member and that it is his responsibility to collect information from the departments within BDA and provide to the applicant).
Let me wait for one week whether they are providing the information