Thread: land patta in porur chennai

land patta in porur chennai

Sir
    I purchased a land in Mugaliwakkam Village, Porur, Chennai in May 2006 and applied for patta in Jan 2008 but till date i have not received the Patta. Self approached VAO but there was no proper reply. Let help me to get patta since i have to apply for home loan...Pls help me....

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: land patta in porur chennai

Chadrasekhar,

The following thread will be of help to you:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/411-la...fications.html

3. Re: land patta in porur chennai

write an RTI and address it to the The Public Information Officer of Porur Taluk. You will most likely receive a reply within a few days. Include your mobile number in it as well.

4. Re: land patta in porur chennai

I purchased a land in Mugaliwakkam Village, Porur, Chennai in May 2006 and applied for patta in Jan 2008 but till date i have not received the Patta. For which provide me the following information :
    1. Daily progress made on my application till date.
    2. Names and designations of the officials with whom my application was lying during this period. Please intimate the periods when it was lying with which officer and what action was taken by that official during that period on what dates.
    3. Please give a the proof of receipt and dispatch of my application in the offices of each of these officials.
    4. According to your rules or citizens charter or any other order, in how many days should such a matter be dealt with and resolved. Please provide a copy of these rules.
    5. The above officials have not adhered to the time limit mentioned in these rules and are guilty of violating these rules and hence guilty of misconduct under their conduct rules. Please give a copy of their conduct rule, which they have violated by violating the above mentioned rule.
    6. These officials have caused serious mental injury to me by making me run around all this while. Are these officials guilty of causing mental harassment to the public?
    7. What action will be taken against these officials for violating all the above rules and for causing mental agony to the public?
    8. By when this action would be taken?
    9. When will I get my Patta?

Re: land patta in porur chennai

Quote Originally Posted by nile0611 View Post
    I purchased a land in Mugaliwakkam Village, Porur, Chennai in May 2006 and applied for patta in Jan 2008 but till date i have not received the Patta. For which provide me the following information :
    1. Daily progress made on my application till date.
    2. Names and designations of the officials with whom my application was lying during this period. Please intimate the periods when it was lying with which officer and what action was taken by that official during that period on what dates.
    3. Please give a the proof of receipt and dispatch of my application in the offices of each of these officials.
    4. According to your rules or citizens charter or any other order, in how many days should such a matter be dealt with and resolved. Please provide a copy of these rules.
    5. The above officials have not adhered to the time limit mentioned in these rules and are guilty of violating these rules and hence guilty of misconduct under their conduct rules. Please give a copy of their conduct rule, which they have violated by violating the above mentioned rule.
    6. These officials have caused serious mental injury to me by making me run around all this while. Are these officials guilty of causing mental harassment to the public?
    7. What action will be taken against these officials for violating all the above rules and for causing mental agony to the public?
    8. By when this action would be taken?
    9. When will I get my Patta?
    I am sure the above suggestions are very useful in helping you draft an RTI request. But I think it will be useful to bear in the mind the manner in which the term "information" u/s2(f) is interpreted -- it should NOT require as a response anything in the nature of 'advice, explanation or opinion,' but must be "cold data" like data in a file, or "hard facts." Very often, a little careful rewriting of the original RTI request can protect an applicant from rejection on grounds related to s2(f).

The above suggestion by nile_ provides a good example for discussion. I don't know how to evaluate (1) but 2-5 are fine examples for how to frame the question, so that what is asked for is simply cold hard data. 6-7 I respectfully submit are best AVOIDED, no matter how upset or frustrated one is -- they get into the 'advice, explanation, opinion' domain, which PIOs are quick to seize as grounds for rejection (and something that CIC rulings also back them on). Consequently, 8 may also be avoidable. Item 9 seems fine.

I am not a lawyer, and only have a layman's (perhaps slightly hardened layman's!!!) perspective. I could be wrong on any or all of this. But I thought I'd alert you to the potential problems relating to s2(f), from the time I have spent looking at why so many cases go against the appellant at the CIC. Do use the CIC website as a valuable resource before submitting your first draft of the RTI request. Best,

Murgie

6. Re: land patta in porur chennai

A careful re-writing as suggested by murgie is sure to avoid rejections. I furnish below some suggestions:

Point no.1 to be re drafted as Please furnish me the action-taken report on my patta application a copy of which is enclosed for ready reference

Another point worth adding is: Please furnish me the names and designations of officials in your organisation who are empowered to ensure that undue delays do not take place while issuing pattas to the applicants.

Point 6 to be re-worded as: Is there any provision under your service rules for taking action against officials who cause mental agony to public by such delays.

Point 7 to be re-worded as: Please furnish the details of all such actions taken during the last two years.

Points 8 & 9 can be re-drafted as follows:

Pleae furnish me the all the details of further steps which I am expected to take to get the patta.

Please furnish me the action-report taken on this RTI petition from the date of receipt till the date of reply on a day to day basis.
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 24-05-08 at 01:43 AM.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

7. Re: land patta in porur chennai

The point 6 should be like this.
    Kindly furnish me with the set of rules/provisions under your service rules for taking action against officials...........................