Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: MACT case no 45/302 (C) of 1991

  1. #1

    Question MACT case no 45/302 (C) of 1991

    Dear Sir,
    One case no " III MACT 45/302 (C) of 1991(in which my brother in law died in a road accident) was filed and awarded in the Balasore Lower court, Orissa. So far we know the Insurance company (M/s United India Insurance Co. Ltd.) had an appeal in Orissa High Court, Cuttack since the quantum of compensation was high.

    Since then the case is pending with Orissa High Court, Cuttack though approximately 18 years elapsed.

    I want to know the status of the case.
    Can you do something why this case is pending disposal since long and what I need to do to get the justice. I'm getting little help from our advocate.

    Ajay K. Mahakud

    Last edited by ganpat1956; 21-05-08 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Posting email links not permitted in the forum.

  2. #2

    Re: MACT case no 45/302 (C) of 1991

    Hello Ajaya,

    Welcome to

    You can certainly know the status of your case by submitting an application to the Orissa High Court under the Right to Information Act, 2005.

    Though the rules for Orissa High Court are a bit different from the Orissa Govt. Rule.

    Nevertheless you will get the desired information which will help you fighting your case.



    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android