0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    0 Post(s)

Delayed Passport Renewal - Hyderabad

Hello Everybody,

would like to have your suggestion on following case...

I moved to Hyderabad in Sept'07 from Gurgaon, since my passport was about to expire in Dec'07 applied for Renewal in Hyderabad RPO on 16th Oct'07.

Now it is more than 7 months and there are no whereabout of my passport. Since at the time of renewal application I was just two months old in Hyderabad so there where two police verification - one at Hyderabad and one at Gurgaon - my previous stay.

The current status as per Hyderabad RPO is that they are yet to receive the cleared police verification from Gurgaon Police station, whereas my personal (through friends) inquiery at the concerned police station reveals that the report has been sent in Jan'08.

All the relevant outward number/date from Gurgaon police has been submitted several times at the reception of passport office, also to the PRO couple of times and lastly in one of the passport Adalat session as well.

But the woe still continues...kindly advice if I should resort to the RTI or is there something lacking from my side?

Thanks for your help

› Find content similar to: Delayed Passport Renewal - Hyderabad

Blog Entries
    0 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)
    0 Post(s)

Re: Delayed Passport Renewal - Hyderabad

Please do prefer RTI application.
    Please go through followings:
    Indian Passport, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India
    In present site RTI Guide
    RTIIndia-Threads Tagged with Passport
    There are a number of posts under passport Tag,including an application ,and in particular a post RTI to Hyderabad Passport Office
    If you still find any difficulty,please do not hesitate to post your query.
    Last edited by opsharma; 23-05-08 at 12:19 PM.

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android