Thread: Do CIC folks answer the phones?

Do CIC folks answer the phones?

In order to schedule a convenient date for a CIC hearing, I am wondering if there is any hope of reaching an individual at the CIC on the phone? On email, they accept appeals, and acknowledge and schedule hearings, but the variance in response time is 2-3 months, so there is no predictability. Since my constraints are a little easier to describe on the phone than on email, I was wondering if it makes sense to try and reach CIC on the phone. Please help. Does anyone have any experience trying to do this? Thank you. Best, -Murgie

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Do CIC folks answer the phones?

murgie,

My latest experience of just two days ago is a clear YES !
    As part of rtiindia.org , I am preparing a directory of CIC and all SIC's for the Guide segment.
    I called one of the senior officers of the CIC to get some telephone numbers and information regarding the shifting to the new premises at August Kranti Bhawan. The phone was promptly picked up and the information given immediately.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android