Thread: How to withdraw a complaint/appeal

How to withdraw a complaint/appeal

Is there any standard procedure to withdraw Appeals & Complaint before SIC/CIC/FA?

Any particular format available anywhere?

Tomorrow I had a complaint case coming up with IC Padma Balasubramanium. I don't want to pursue this matter anymore since the CPIO has furnished the info.

The complaint was regarding non-acceptance of fees paid through Designated post offices by RBI saying that it's not a valid mode of payment.

My e-mail request to the Commission was never attended to by it's registrars and case was taken up by the commission.

What are the other alternatives?

I don't want this hearing to commence since this issue has been resolved and RBI has decided to honour payments made through designated post offices.

Is it too late?

Sidharth

Last edited by sidmis; 26-05-08 at 10:45 PM.

2. Re: How to withdraw a complaint/appeal

Let us sincerely hope that somebody from CIC visit our site now and take due note of your request before they commence their function tomorrow.( I guess some of them visit our portal as guests routinely).

You can mail one more request withdrawing your complaint and also send a copy to the PIO/AA of RBI, just for the sake of courtesy.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: How to withdraw a complaint/appeal

sidmis,

Why don't you send emails to various email id's of officers in CIC, avaialble on the CIC website. At least they will be on record.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Just send an e-mail stating that the grounds under which the complaint/second appeal made by you in case No..... having resolved the second appeal/complaint posted for hearing on ..... may please be considered as withdrawn. After this forget about it.

Hello Karira, Ganpat, Col,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Why don't you send emails to various email id's of officers in CIC, avaialble on the CIC website. At least they will be on record.
    Karira,

Despite talks about e-governance the Central Information Commission do not have a centralised e-mail management system. There is not even an automated acknowledgemnt system in place.

So if they choose not to answer/respond to e-mails nothing can be done. You have to grope in dark.

As a last resort I shall FAX my letter to the registrars. Hope it is noticed by someone.

After this forget about it.
    Col,
    I did exactly as suggested by you. But still it was taken up by the commission. My email is still in my sent items folder. Shall I send it once again?

Sidharth

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

The main reason for suggestting you to "forget it " is that as per the RTI
    Act an appellent is not at all rquired to attend a hearing. Section 19(5) is too clear. I had a prolonged fight with SIC, Kerala on this subject protesting against his authority to summon me for hearing under Ultimately he has intimated me in writting the it is not obligatory for the appellant to attend the hearing. Subsequently he endorce only copy of his summon to me . In rare cases he sarted putting a note soliciting my presence to give evidence below the copy endocement. To this I had replied that I do not hve to give any evidence; but only seek information. Subsequently he has stopped even that remarks; but endorce only copy of the summon to me.

When your attendence is not obligatory why should you bother ? It is only for his convenience you had initimated that the appeal is withdrawn.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android