Topic Identifier

Thread: Disclosure of IIT-JEE Key and Answer sheets allowed ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Disclosure of IIT-JEE Key and Answer sheets allowed ?

In a recent decision/order, CIC seems to have allowed the disclosure of IIT-JEE key and the answer sheets.

The order is not very clear.

It is attached to this post.

Members can read it and decide for themselves.

Attached Files Attached Files

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: Disclosure of IIT-JEE Key and Answer sheets allowed ?

TheCIC in their full bench decision of 23-4-2007 dispossing complaint No.CIC/WB/2006/0023, Appeal Nos.CIC/WB/A/2006/00469 & 00395 and Appeal No.CIC/OK/A/2006/00266/00058/00066/00315 has given a very detailed order on the subject. The order has unnecessarily gone heyward. One has to red at lest thrice to grasp. Though many may not agree with me, I am fully satisfied with the contention of the CIC.

This order categorically state that " the disclosure of the answersheets shall be the general rule but each case may have to be examined individually to see as to whether disclosure of evaluated answer sheets would render the system unworkable in practice. If that be so, the disclosure of the evaluated answer sheets could be denied but not otherwise. However, while doing so the concerned authority should ensure that the name and identity of the examiner, supervisor or any other person associated with the process of examination is in no way disclosed so as to endanger the life or physical safety of such person"

The arguements till its para 38 establish that this does not fall under the exemptions given in 8(1)(e), viz., fiduciary relationship.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

I am surprised to note that hardly anyone gave attention to one of the good decisioins of CIC's referred to on this topic I recommend to all members of this forum to read the CIC's decision of 7 cases decided on 23-4-2007. This is available in CIC's site. It need at least 3 reading to grasp.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Canvassing:

Please read this post. It is an important decision of cic.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android