Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Strictures by CIC gaianst misbehaviour of Government Servants with RTI Applicants

Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet View Post
    As per Section 4(1)(d) of the RTI Act, 2005, 'it is obligatory on the part of every public authority to provide reasons for its administrative or quasi-judicial decisions to affected persons.'
    So , if I ask for the reason of helping the corrupt persons or the reason of 'dedicated' misdeed' on the part of any public authority, why the SPIO wil simply reply -- RTI Act if meant for information , not explanation.
    So, please let me know, whether it was at all obligatory on part of any PA to provide reasons or not?
    You have made a point, but you cannot just jump by skipping Section 4(1)(c). Seek the information on policy matters first and then if its denied, seek the "quasi-judicial" decision for the denial U/s 4(1)(d).

Manoj

› Find content similar to: Strictures by CIC gaianst misbehaviour of Government Servants with RTI Applicants

Name:
    Sunil Ahya
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Re: Strictures by CIC gaianst misbehaviour of Government Servants with RTI Applicants

As per Section 4(1)(d) of the RTI Act, 2005, 'it is obligatory on the part of every public authority to provide reasons for its administrative or quasi-judicial decisions to affected persons.'
    So , if I ask for the reason of helping the corrupt persons or the reason of 'dedicated' misdeed' on the part of any public authority, why the SPIO wil simply reply -- RTI Act if meant for information , not explanation.
    So, please let me know, whether it was at all obligatory on part of any PA to provide reasons or not?[/QUOTE]

Dear Abhijeet,

I suppose what section 4(1) (d) means is that if a public authority has made any administrative decision or a quasi judicial decision one can question the decision.

For example a quasi judicial authority like deputy registrar co-operative society has pronounced a decision between a member of the society and the managing committee, one can question and seek explaination on the basis on which he has decided and given the judgment.

But section 4(1)(d) would not mean that one can ask general questions or seek general explainations under the RTI Act.
    "A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers." - H. L. Mencken.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12