Thread: how to get information on road work done

how to get information on road work done

i want all information possible on the work on the roads constructed in my locality recently. when i say all information, i mean the tenders passed, awarding of tenders, total expenses incurred, width and length of the road constructed etc.. what are the right words to use for all these documents in my application so that the PIC does not reject my application on grounds of vague requests. also given the fact that a new rule in karnataka restricts the application to 150 words and one subject only.

can someone help me with this?

Name:
    R.P.Vallinayagam

Re: how to get information on road work done

Sir,
    First you get copy of sanctioned estimate under RTI Act
    Second you get copy of agreement under RTI Act in which name of contractor, tender percentage, time for compleation and all other tender details available in it.
    Third request inspect the measuremnet book under RTI Act
    You take down notes from the Measurement book.
    From which you can get relevent particulars.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

I, Mr........, citizen of India, want to inspect under Section 2(j)(i) of RTIA2005:

Proposals, Project Reports, RFQ, Tenders, Quotations/Bids, Opinions, Advices, Contracts, Work orders, Files, File Notes, Records, Workbooks, Measurement book, Labour book, Calculation sheets, Inspection reports, Payment details, Settlement details, Quality reports, Contractor details, Laboratory Test reports and any other material on record,

regarding the construction of road(s) between.......................and ................located in the area .....................and constructed between..............and.............(dates)

During the inspection, I will select those documents where I need certified photocopies and will also take digital pictures and make video recording of the records or documents that I inspect.

(The above is about 100 words EXCLUDING your name, road start and end points, area name, start and end date of construction)

If you want to shorten still further, just replace "constructed between......and....." with "constructed in the last X years".

I do not know if the applicants details like address etc is counted in the "150 words". If yes, then just say:

GK
    98xxxxxxxx
    2xxxxxxx
    (so your address will be only 3 words !)

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

You should ask for inspection of all documents connected with the work under Section 2(j) of the RTI Act. Most of your requirements can be noted down by you. You should defenitely ask copies of any of the documents which are susceptable to be changed based on your findings You may very specifically ask for copies of all documents required separately after inspection indicating as to where it is held. . After equipping with the above information you should ask for inspection of work under Section 2(j). In case you hit the gold mine use Section 4(1)(d) for further information. With all the data so collected with documentary evidence seek the help of the Leader of Opposition of your Municipal Council /Corporatin to rise it in their meeting. Give a hint to the Press in advance so that they cover the issue well

5. Re: how to get information on road work done

I have asked the following questions for the road which was recently constructed in my colony.

• Please provide Copy of work order.<o></o>
    • Copy of measurement book (both abstract entries and record entries)<o>></o>
    • Copy of details of estimates<o></o>
    • Copy of sketches.<o></o>
    • How much amount has been paid to contractor of this road so far.<o></o>
    • Name of Assistant Engineers and Executive Engineers who inspected the road after completion of this work.<o></o>
    • I want to take sample of material of this road under section 2(J)(iii) of Right to Information Act, 2005. The sample should be collected from this road from the place of my choice. It should be collected in my presence and should be sealed and certified as true sample. Please intimate me the date and time when this sample can be collected.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

For those members who are not restricted by the 150 word limit (as applicable in Karnataka), there is a very exhaustive and comprehensive RTI application for Road repairs attached to the following post:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3134-r...html#post10791