Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down Acknowledgement of RTI Application - Delhi Passport Office

Hi Friends,

I have a question related to acknowledgement of the RTI application at Delhi Passport Office

My wife has submitted the RTI application at Delhi Passport Office, she has paid Rs.10/- in cash for the RTI fees, and the collecting officer has attached the copy of the receipt to the application, but when she asked for them to give the acknowledgement on the photocopy of the application that time they refused, they said we don’t sign on the application copy

We have given you the receipt of your RTI fees, and that’s what we give as acknowledgement, we will not sign on the application copy, do whatever you want to do I will not sign the copy, the fee receipt is enough

I want to know that is it enough to have the Fee receipt, or is it required to have the acknowledgement on the application copy as well. Can I appeal on the basis of the Fee receipt if I don’t receive the information in 30 days?

Thanks
    Shams Alam

› Find content similar to: Acknowledgement of RTI Application - Delhi Passport Office

Last edited by shamsa; 27-05-08 at 12:49 PM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Acknowledgement of RTI Application - Delhi Passport Office

Please see http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/how-to...pplication-16/

If the application was submitted by hand (personally), they should have given you the acknowledgement on the copy.

In case your case goes up to first appeal, clearly mention in writing what the receiving officer told you.

Name:
    Shams Alam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The application was given by hand (personally) and when we asked the acknowledgement on the copy that time they said that the 10 rupee reciept you have is a acknowledgement, we wont give you any other acknowledgement.

Shams.

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i feel if they have provided you the cash receipt of rti fees, its quiet suficient.

Name:
    Shams Alam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In case I dont get the information withinh 30 days of the application, in that case can I appeal based on the cash reciept.

Thanks,
    Shams.

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

make your first appeal on the very 31st day and dont produce the cash receipt. instead if they file a written statement that they have not received or received at a latter date, produce that cash receipt at that point of time.

Name:
    Balamurali Balaji
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Prbhat

I have a doubt here. If a copy is not acknowledged, How is it got known that application is made against that particular cash receipt.

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

since they have provided you a cash receipt of the RTI fees, they wont be in the position to deny the receipt of your RTI application

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast