Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Road tax refund from RTO

Dear Mr. Gagan,

Many thanks for ur prompt response. I got delayed pl. excuse me.
    I have gone through lot of Rules Pertaining to CMVR 1988 & also Maharashtra Motor Vehicle act.
    It is clearly mentioned that any body can bring in car in the maharashtra & need not register again
    if it is for not more than 12 months to take back to orignal state.
    If not than only one need to apply for new registration Mark. How ever one must declare to Rto that
    this car is for 12 months in the state & pay the tax as per stay period.
    Lot more once I gert clear picture in the court on 20th nov. I also searched web site & found more than 7 cases wher consumer forum had given decision against RTO's.
    Hope sharing this info will help many other colleagues.
    Regards,
    pbr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Gagan and ALL,
    I moved my vehicle from Bangalore to Hyderabad about 1.5 years back. As a procedure I was supposed to re-register my vehicle in Hyderabad after paying life time road tax. I have already paid the tax in bangalore which i was eligible for refund. getting my vehicle re-registered was a frustuating process. finally when i got it registred in HYD after paying huge sum as tax. I applied for a refund from bangalore RTO. As I was aware it was difficult task to get the money refund from RTO. lot of the people on websites has written there plea dealing with refund. I decided that I am not going to give up till I succeed with this, no matter whatever it takes. (like Gagan, many thx! for info)

Took 5 months to get new registration number her in HYD without approaching any broker.
    I filed RTI with transport department of karnataka for the status of my refund and reason for delay. I got reply that RTA Hyderabad is pending with confirmation letter.I really and sincerely thank Bangalore RTA for their Quick response and sad to hear anything from HYD RTA. Let me see. How far am I from cheque? Gagan, how did u receive refund? Was it deposited into ur account or received DD?

Thanks again
    Gagan
    Like this Post godpriyanguru Liked this Post
    Love this godpriyanguru loved this post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Above reply from, P Surender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Re: Road tax refund from RTO

One of the my friend was the user of vehicle of TATA motors. after some time he left to Panjb taking noc from pune rto as motor car sold to him,at Punjab they took one year tax & transfer the vehicale on him name & didnot change RC book & number of vhicle.After one year he came back to panvel by taking noc to panvel rto for change of address

Now Panvel rto insisting to pay road tax or bring information from pune rto stating that tax refund is not taken agaist this vehicale.Pune rto is delaying to giving such infomation .

HOW Panvel RTO insisting to bring such information since the original RC book of maharashtra is with him & as per refund rule,vehicale must rgistered in other state & would have taken new number.

If we transfer the vehicale to other state then we have to apply refund of tax within 6 months if not your road tax will not get refunded & if you bring this vehicale again in Maharasahtra you will have to pay tax.It means Maharashtra RTO can recover tax two time on same vehicale

RND

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Gagan,

Good to know you got the tax refund, could you please help me with the sample of the letter you wrote to Banglore RTA for RTI and to who it was addressed.

Regards,
    J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi psurender/Gagan,

I am in similar situation to some extent as yours and in dire need of your help.
    I brought my vehicle with NOC in hand from Bangalore to Hyderabad about 10 months ago and finished all formalities like paying road tax again and trying to re-register here in HYD. However, since last 5 months, there has not been a communication received from Bangalore RTO to Hyderabad RTO to issue clearance on the vehicle registration and hence my vehicle registration got stuck.
    I have not been able to travel to bangalore and check with them.
    Can any one of you please help me out? I would need agent name who can resolve my issue at the earliest. Otherwise, I would like to get contact details of someone in RTO office itself if possible.
    Once I get re-registered, I have another task of applying for tax refund.
    Mobile - (Posting of mob. no. is against RTI India - Forum Rules - hence deleted)

Name:
    Gagan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hi Mr Rajpal

Normally, HYD RTO wait for an stipulated time for reply on the clearance.The rule may differe from state to state. As far as I remember I did not have to face this issue with Pune RTO.

If you have access to the letter send by hyd RTO to bangalore RTO regarding clearance you can file and RTI with the information. You don't need to personally visit bangalore for this.

The same non-communication delays process of refund. when you file for refund in bangalore they send a letter to new RTO where you registered the vehicle. and the RTO never bother to reply to it... this keep you refund application pending till you hit them with a RTI.

Thanks
    Gagan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Pratap,

I belong to Pune and planning to stay back in Hyderabad for 1 year.

The option to pay for 12 months looks good to me. Can you please let me know some further information about it? I mean what will be the charges for 12 months and what if I would like to extend my stay for 1 more year?

If you have any relevant document that can help me in this regard then please forward it to me. My name is Vishwas Deshmane and mail address is my posting of email id is not allowed

Thanks & Regards,
    Vishwas Deshmane

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android