Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Road tax refund from RTO

thx gagan.
    i am yet to get refund from RTO pune after transfer of my vehicle to Trivandrum in 2010 bought in 2009 tried for yearly payment which was that time not available in pune). when i call them the reply is that if it is within the time limit refund will be made. is there any time limit for claiming the refund. think should follow ur line and ask thru rti.
    thx.
    jos

› Find content similar to: Road tax refund from RTO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Surender,

I planning for relocation to Hyderabad from Bangalore and want to re-register my bike in Hyderabad. Can you kindly share the procedure for applying refund from Bangalore RTO after re-registering in Hyderabad. Can it be done by post ?. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    966 Post(s)

A personal visit to RTA solves all problems.
    First get NOC from Bangalore, with Police NOC, incorporating in RC book and carry a copy with you.
    2.Show those documents, provide photo identity proof, address proof register it in Hyderabad.
    3.After getting Registration at Hyderabad, collect all copies of tax payments and new number and then apply to Bangalore office for refund. Ensure that Hyderabad office sends all details as expeditiously as possible and collect service proof from Hyderabad office .
    4.Wait for a month then file RTI Application seeking information for time frame fixed for such refunds under Citizen charter and reasons for inordinate delay.
    5.Wait for another 40 days then file first appeal to FAA, RTI, RTO office Bangalore and also issue notice bly Registered post seeking compensation for harassment due to negligence alleging deficiency of service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for your generous response. It would be great if you can help me with below queries.

After re registration in Hyderabad, do i need to personally go to Bangalore RTO and submit refund (form 16) application or can it be done by post. One more thing is, i have seen in many cases when asking about refund, old RTO usually gives an excuse like non communication from new RTO. so how can i make sure that Hyderabad RTO sends vehicle migration (CTRI) confirmation.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1S using RTI INDIA mobile app

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    966 Post(s)

It can be done by through post (Regd Ack due) with all necessary documents. Ask a friend of yours in Bangalore to make a follow up at Bangalore and follow up at Hyderabad personally in case of difficulty. Now the situation has improved after fixing of time frame and accountability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you Prasad. Hoping for smooth transition of my vehicle.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1S using RTI INDIA mobile app

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    966 Post(s)

RTI is just like a knife. That means you can threaten, cut and use it in various ways. Whenever there is delay, you can seek time frame fixed for settling the task as per citizen charter, information seeking reasons for inordinate delay, names of employees responsible for the delay, their designation and telephone numbers, and the name of official, designation, address, mobile no that can redress the grievance. Once this application is filed, it serves as a powerful reminder. Finally, if one is capable as there is deficiency of service, a Regd. notice can also be issued for deficiency of services as consideration was paid for the service. But definitely amount will be refunded and it depends on good follow up and not on routine basis by that public authority..
    Remember that this is the only procedure of dealing with all delays in the works connected to all Public authorities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Road tax refund from RTO

I moved my car from Bangalore to Kerala and got it registered with Kerala. Now i need to apply for road tax refund from Bangalore. I wanted to know, is there a time frame with in which the refund application has to be sent to Bangalore RTO? Like i got NOC in June, is there any criteria like i need to apply with in 6 month from NOC date? or something similar?

- - - Updated - - -

I moved my car from Bangalore to Kerala and got it registered with Kerala. Now i need to apply for road tax refund from Bangalore. I wanted to know, is there a time frame with in which the refund application has to be sent to Bangalore RTO? Like i got NOC in June, is there any criteria like i need to apply with in 6 month from NOC date? or something similar?

- - - Updated - - -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android