Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: information

information

Sir,
    I am a reguler supplire to a PSU. Under RTI Act one prson has applied to the PSU for detailed business transetion statment regarding my supplied items with rate and amount.

Whether under RTI Act, the PSU is bound to disclose these information to the applicant ?

Thanking you

kaushal

2. Re: information

in a 99% case the PSU is bound to furnish the demanded information to the applicant.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: information

Kaushal,

Once the contract for supply is signed it becomes a public document and must be disclosed. Unless the "third party" can object to the disclosure because of any clauses in Sec 8 or 9 of the RTI Act.

At the most, the PIO could have invoked Section 11 (Third Party information) of the RTI Act. But, as Abhishek says, the chances of denial of information are very slim.

Sir,thankyou for response,but sir still I am confuse,how can X person can get my total business turnover in detail ?
    I am a reguler supplire to a PSU. Under RTI Act one prson has applied to the PSU for detailed business transetion statment from bigining to till date regarding my supplied items with rate and amount.

Whether under RTI Act, the PSU is bound to disclose these information to the applicant ?

Thanking you

kaushal

5. Re: information

any indian citizen can have any information(which can be given to the parliament) from the public authority (even the PSU) in lieu of public interest.

and i feel your case wont be covered in a third party information

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kaushal 100 View Post
    Sir,thankyou for response,but sir still I am confuse,how can X person can get my total business turnover in detail ?

kaushal
    Kaushal,

The RTI applicant has not asked for your total business turnover. He has asked information from the PSU (the Public Authority) about what it purchased from you, the qty and the price. That is bound to be disclosed because the PSU is a Public Authority.

Quote Originally Posted by kaushal 100 View Post
    Sir,
    I am a reguler supplire to a PSU. Under RTI Act one prson has applied to the PSU for detailed business transetion statment regarding my supplied items with rate and amount.

Thanking you

kaushal
    If this is part of a bidding process, and the bidding is intended to be secret, then the PA cannot disclose, as it would be clearly covered u/s 8. But if the bidding itself is intended to be an open process, and you have an opportunity to revise your terms, I suspect the PA could even argue that it is in the public interest to make each bidder's terms quickly known to all. Best, -Murgie

8. Re: information

today when we are disscussing transperancy all over, how can we expect to have a secret bidding for general procurrement items.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast