Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Legalily for keeping some ones origianl passport

Hi,
    I want to know what is the severity of crime against a company for keeping an employees original passport by promising him to send abroad.

I had given my original passport to a company , even before I joined the company, as the company promised me that they need my original passport for visa processing , so when I join the company after one month they will return my passport and my visa will be ready for going Abroad onsite for long term. But nothing of the kind happened and even when I joined they did not return my passport and when I asked for my passport, the company management was just delaying by saying still it is in process.

Due to extreme family crisis I resigned from that company and came back to my native place from where I had left my old company.

I want to sue the company as they made my life miserable and giving false promises. They still have my passport ( Which is Expired by now).

Can some one tell me in which act can I sue them so that they do not play with any other employee in future.

Regards
    Prasad Kumar

› Find content similar to: Legalily for keeping some ones origianl passport

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Legalily for keeping some ones origianl passport

i think you can serve a (criminal) notice to the company.

Name:
    Dinesh
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you have any proof that your company asked for the passport and promised you send you abroad in writing ?

I think it will not be possible to sue the company unless you have some concrete proof against them.

Name:
    Prasad Kumar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DineshK View Post
    Do you have any proof that your company asked for the passport and promised you send you abroad in writing ?

I think it will not be possible to sue the company unless you have some concrete proof against them.

Dinesh, I have proof that they have my passport and they did not give me my passport back when I joined them. I want some good suggestion what the law says about keeping some ones original passport? Is that crime ? if Yes under which section I can sue them ?

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i am not very sure what laws are applicable in this case, but i think you can certainly complaint the matter to the concerned SSP of search & seizure of your passport.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Since this matter is not under RTI purview (unless the company is a Public Authority as defined in the RTI Act), please ask for help at our sister website www.bighelpers.org . You will get a better response.
    This website is exclusively devoted to RTI related issues.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android