Topic Identifier

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SIC, Kerala's Orders accepting Questionnire under 2(f)

Re: SIC, Kerala's Orders accepting Questionnire under 2(f)

Hoping against hope ,Col. Kurup,was SIC decent enough to reply to your Post 21 above.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

No. As usual, when cornered badly, they withdrew. Absolutely no reply. Most of my cases were met with same fate. As per their practice in my cases so far, there won't be any news for few more months. One fine morning I will get the final order stating ".................. The copy of the reply furnsihed by the PIO was sent to the appellant on...... The appeal was posted for further evidence and notices issued to the appellant and PIO for attendence on...... The PIO attended and repeated the same evidence. But the appellant neither attended the hearing nor responded to the notice. (Invariably the above notice does not reach me.... I can't say whether it is intentional or an accidental repeatation of coincidence). Hence it is hereby ordered to close the case and penal action intiated against the PIO"

The above is not hypothetical but the translation of portion of one of the orders of SIC issued in Malayalam on 21-6-2008.in one of the similar case.

You see in your case ,you can call it a strange coincidence or sheer bad luck that invariably almost all your PIOs or /and Appellate authorities happened to be IAS officers ,barring one Tehsildar. So what do you expect SIC to do , come on Col. ,don't expect Ram rajya .
    That's why I firmly hold the view that under no circumstances retired bureaucrats should be appointed as Information Commissioners ,if RTI is to succeed. Empathy factor cannot be wished away ,when one is dealing with one's own cadre people ,where one has rubbed shoulders with same people for years ,and particularly after retirement you dont want be cast as pariah .Therefore , old tricks do surface as is abundantly clear from your last post above.
    Last edited by opsharma; 15-07-08 at 12:36 AM.

Dear Col,
    Just joined this morning and enjoying my self thoroughly- I've found my calling.
    My Medal of Honour for today goes to you for you tenacity and skill in outfoxing the wily bunch of Babu's of Kerala.
    Coming from 'Gods own Country' where there is a servile public attitude in dealing with games Govt officials play, you approach is truly refreshing.
    We have'nt seen the end of this yet but rest assured that the PIO will continue to try the evasive tactic.
    Give credit to the SIC for ensuring that his meat is barely kept out of the fire.
    Their deceptive tactics should be nailed down for good.
    Will follow developments

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Incidentally, the Government has intimated me the due date of retirement of the PIO concerned. I could not follow the reason for not providing this information earlier - may be the desparity might have been settled now only. Anyway, my intention was to know whether the PIO was due to retire in a shortwhile and the department has furnished the "No Demand Certificate" to her before settlement of the penalty case. She is not due for retirement soon and hence that issue is redundant..

In a way , its good for you to continue your battle of wits with the same PIO and enjoy every bit of it. Though I can assure you that the collector isn't going to pay a penny because all her actions were while performing her official duties with best intentions . And "regimental loyalities" may come in the way of penalties ,and other expenditure and perks.
    Last edited by opsharma; 17-07-08 at 05:55 PM.

Just remembered an old James Bond quote

Once is happenstance
    Twice is coincidence
    Thrice is enemy action

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

I am lost to see why nothing heard further from the SIC. In fact it is the responsibility of the SIC to see that no one subbotage the RTI Act. In this case, the SIC order penalty to a PIO. The PIO has obtained stay order from the High Court at government expenses. The SIC does not want anyone to probe and ascertain whether the above stay order was obtained at PIOs personal expense or at government expense. This can happen only in Cucumber City or in Kerala or may be at West Bengal and nowhere else.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android