Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: SIC, Kerala's Orders accepting Questionnire under 2(f)

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: SIC, Kerala's Orders accepting Questionnire under 2(f)

The SIC, Kerala has closed the above case. As for as he is concerned, the case stand closed when the PIO has outsmarted me with her reply. Now he has replied my above letter also: I am giving full details so that the entire episode become self-explanatory and could be useful for future reference.

STATE INFORMATION COMMISSION, KERALA, THIRUVANTHAPURAM - 695 039
    No.5135/SIC-Genl/2007 Dared 06-09-08

Ref: 1. Order of theCommission dated27-3-2006
    2. Your Petition No.RTI/08/269 dated 6-6-08

I am to invite your attention to the reference cited and to inform that the Commission has considered your petition referred to above. The Commission has directed to inform you that there was no error apparent on the face of the records, while disposing off your second appeal before the commission. Your petition is on a matter that has arisen subsequent to the disposal of the 2nd appeal and, hence, your request is rejected

Sd/-
    (G.Sreekumaran)
    Secretary to the Commission

This means the SIC is not bothered about the contents of the reply, its correctness or satisfaction of the appellant with the reply. When the appellent point out the mistakes in the reply of the PIO to the SIC, that is considered as a matter arised subsequent to the disposal of the 2nd appeal and liable for rejection. This is the prctice of the SIC in almost all his decisions where the PIOs furnish false reply or submit false affidavit. According to SIC he is least bothered whether the PIO obey his orders or not. I have few orders of theSIC which is yet to be obeyed by the PIOs despite a lapse of oneyear.

The media has been declaring SIC, Kerala as one of the non-performers. To me, he appears to be the worst of the worst lot.

So, God bless the State.

I am going to reopen the issue in my state Haryana by asking the smae information Sir, let us see what SCI Haryana Govt. say. this is somthing undigestable if the Govt is funding a Punished SPIO and try to save him. Then what is the use of RTI . The Govt. instead of rewarding the applicant helping the culprit

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Kindly put it in such a way that the PIO does not get a chance to get away with the types of replies furnished to me.

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    That is exactly the point. Upto the point the CIC/SIC imposes penalty, it is official duty - no argument about that. But once penalty has been imposed, it becomes a personal matter.

Let's take a parallel argument. If a Public Servant is caught for corruption. The corruption was indulged in during discharge of his official duties. Now, can the Office use taxpayers money and defend him in the court of law ?
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/21627-...html#post62528

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    That is exactly the point. Upto the point the CIC/SIC imposes penalty, it is official duty - no argument about that. But once penalty has been imposed, it becomes a personal matter.

Let's take a parallel argument. If a Public Servant is caught for corruption. The corruption was indulged in during discharge of his official duties. Now, can the Office use taxpayers money and defend him in the court of law ?
    Wow Karira what an excellant quote

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

I am unable to restrain from commenting on the issue though it will be another Pindora's box. We are in a country where our leaders/government while bragging of eradication of corruption, engage Government Pleaders at public expense to protect the corrupt. I had earlier brought out an episode of my encounter with Lok Ayukta Government Pleader. The Government Pleader had declared that it is his duty to protect suo motu every government servant alleged corruption as Government Servant means government. My plea that corruption or maladministration not being part of the official functions of a government servant the corruption cannot be treated as an action done in good faith was not accepted by the Division Bench constituted of Justice Preed Pillai, Lok Ayukta (Retired Chief Justice of Kerala). In this case the Government Pleader, Lok Ayukta kept on oppossing every plea of mine and has ensured that the Respondents never attend any of the hearinga. They have neither admitted nor denied the allegation but sent an evasive irrelevant obligatory comment. One of the Respondent hasnot even commented.This issue was intimated to Sri.Veerappa Moily, with no response.

The analogy given by Karira is not acceptable. Corruption is a crime. Alleged lapses in furnishing information is not a crime. In a criminal matter the State may not defend the Govt Servant. But in other matters it has to defend the Govt Servant. Otherwise he will be exposed to wanton threats for discharging his official duties. Moreover actions taken in good faith are also protected under RTI Act. See Sec 21 of the Act.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast