Thread: Registrar Of societies -- Enquiring Ownership details of residential flat using RTI

Registrar Of societies -- Enquiring Ownership details of residential flat using RTI

I need help figuring out how i can locate ownership / co-ownership details of a residential flat using help of RTI at the registrar of societies office ( and also how do i locate the said office given a particular address). What are application procedures (forms/any other documents/fees, etc) and what is the official time frame for expecting reply ? i got some idea from net as under --

Shailesh Gandhi, convenor of the National Campaign for People's Right to Information, sheds more light how citizens can make use of their Right to Information.

Here is the chat transcript:

swapnil asked, Whether Cooperative societies comes under RTI ambit

Shailesh Gandhi answers, Cooperative societies do not come under RTI gambit directly. However, you can ask for information from the registrar of societies.<o></o>

Last edited by dharmil; 02-06-08 at 07:49 PM. Reason: felt title to be less attractive to generate responce

2. Re: Registrar Of societies -- Enquiring Ownership details of residential flat using RTI

You have to ask the registrar concerned for the details of ownership of that particular coop housig society, as available in their records. Since you have an address, you can mail your RTI application addressed to the PIO, O/o the Registrar of Coop Societies...........(address).

As regards the other procedural aspects, please visit our Guide section.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

3. Re: Registrar Of societies -- Enquiring Ownership details of residential flat using RTI

There is a very interesting incident in one Co operative Housing Society . Many old memers of this Housing Society were not provided plots , but many new members were inducted into the members list and allotted plots. One such member , who became member in 1977 submitted RTI application to the Registrar's office and put a query why new members of 2004-07 were allotted plots when many such old members are yet to be provided plots . The Dy Registrar simply furnished that the matter is solely related with the concerned Housing Society only. The question is , when the Managing Committee is a corrupt one and thus acted against those old genuine memers, how did the Registrar allow this type of activities , which are against the natural justice. No response received. Is there any solution through RTI . THe concerned AA is not helping any way .

Re: Registrar Of societies -- Enquiring Ownership details of residential flat using RTI

Quote Originally Posted by ganpat1956 View Post
    You have to ask the registrar concerned for the details of ownership of that particular coop housig society, as available in their records. Since you have an address, you can mail your RTI application addressed to the PIO, O/o the Registrar of Coop Societies...........(address).

As regards the other procedural aspects, please visit our Guide section.

When we went to the registrars office we were directed to MHADA office where we were requested to pay Rs. 100 as the search fee to search the documents, but unfortunately the register was in fully torn out condition and would not render any use to trace the ownership details.

Can we ask for the agreement copy while making a RTI application to PIO at Registrars of co-op societies Office ?

Also because i'm a co-owner (second name in agreement) of the said residential flat, but the secretary of society is reluctant to provide a copy of share certificate, is there any way under RTI to demand a agreement copy/share certificate from the society ?

Re: Registrar Of societies -- Enquiring Ownership details of residential flat using RTI

Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet View Post
    There is a very interesting incident in one Co operative Housing Society . Many old memers of this Housing Society were not provided plots , but many new members were inducted into the members list and allotted plots. One such member , who became member in 1977 submitted RTI application to the Registrar's office and put a query why new members of 2004-07 were allotted plots when many such old members are yet to be provided plots . The Dy Registrar simply furnished that the matter is solely related with the concerned Housing Society only. The question is , when the Managing Committee is a corrupt one and thus acted against those old genuine memers, how did the Registrar allow this type of activities , which are against the natural justice. No response received. Is there any solution through RTI . THe concerned AA is not helping any way .
    Please let me know what was / is further course of action by this member

Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet View Post
    Well, I too along with some old members are facing similar problem. Does anyone here have any experience , how RTI can be effectively used here.

Name:
    inderjit ruprai
    Blog Entries

How Find Out Who Is Registered Owner Of A Property?

Hello there,

I am trying to find out who is the owner(s) of some residential properties in SAS NAGAR (Mohali) Panjab. Where and who do I apply to?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Am I right in assuming that I can file for this information from within the RTI site?

Thanks

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android