IGP, SP issued notices by state information panel
As reported in Navhind Times, NT NETWORK Tuesday, June 3, 2008

MAPUSA The State information Commission has issued notices to the IGP, Mr Kishan Kumar and the superintendent of police (headquarters), Mr Allan D’sa on an appeal filed by the dismissed PSI, Mr Nerlon Albuquerque.

The dismissed PSI filed an appeal before the State Information Commission after his request to Mr D’sa who is the public information officer and the IGP who is the first appellate authority was turned down.

It may be recalled that Mr Nerlon was dismissed from service over the infamous Scarlette case based on an inquiry conducted by DySP, Mr Nilu Raut Desai wherein Mr Nerlon was indicted for improper investigations and treating the case as a mere suicide. Raising doubts over the authenticity and genuineness of the inquiry conducted against him without seeking his presence, Mr Nerlon had sent a notice to the SP (HQ) and IGP requesting them to furnish the inquiry report. His request was turned down.

When contacted Mr Nerlon said that not taking his statement during the course of inquiry and now by not providing him the inquiry report clearly speaks about the malicious motives of the concerned officers and added that it is obvious that the enquiry is conducted in a biased manner with the sole intention of dismissing him.
“It seems that the IGP is trying to safeguard interests of certain persons by not allowing a fair enquiry in the matter. Why else did he dismiss me and scuttle the process of the enquiry?” Mr Nerlon questioned.

Reiterating his demand for a fair enquiry, Mr Nerlon stated that he wanted the enquiry to be conducted by an independent body given the fact that the police department would be pressurized under the influence of the IGP in conducting a biased enquiry.

Mr Nerlon further challenged the IGP to show any significant investigation conducted in the case after the investigation was taken over from him. "In spite of several requests, why did the superiors not permit me to register an offence and arrest the accused?" he asked.

The IGP allegedly has been pressurized by certain vested interests to dismiss me and I will not take this lightly,” Mr Nerlon added.

› Find content similar to: IGP, SP issued notices by state information panel