Thread: grievance

grievance

HI, THIS IS DITU FROM GUWAHATI,

I HAVE BEEN A VICTIM OF LACK OF INFORMATION PRVIDED BY THE ASSAM STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD. I HAD PAID ALL MY PREVIOUS BILLS TILL JULY 2007 AFTER WHICH I DID NOT GET ANY BILLS FROM THE DEPARTMENT. IN THE MONTH OF AUGUST 2007 THE DEPTT. HAD CHANGED OUR EARLIER METER WITH A NEW ELECTRONIC METER. IT WAS ONLY IN THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2007 WHEN A BILL CAME MY WAY SHOWING Rs.25000.00 AS OUTSTANDING. I WAS SHOCKED AND APPROACHED THE DEPARTMENT, I WAS INFORMED THAT AN ELECTRONIC METER HAD BEEN INSTALED IN MY HOME ON 23/02/2007 AND THEY HAVE RAISED BILLS FOR 7600 UNITS OF ELECTRICITY CONSUMED DURING THE PERIOD. WHEN I INFORMED THAT THE NEW METR WAS ONLY INSTALLED IN THE MONTH OF AUGUST NOT IN THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY AS THEY CLAIMED THEY INSITED ON THEIR RECORDS AND TOLD ME THAT I NEED TO PAY THE BILL OF Rs.31000.00. i TOLD THEM THE AVERAGE BILL AMOUNT IN MY HOME HAD BEEN ONLY Rs.700.00, BUT THEY REFUSED TO ACCEPT MY WORDS AND INSISTED ON PAYING THE SAME. WHAT DO I DO NOW? HOW DO I NEED TO APPROACH? KINDLY HELP ME OUT

2. Re: grievance

if you need to have an instant relief give them a letter in written duly received by the dept. or sent it by regd. post. stating to correct your bill charging an amount @ 700/- per month.

probably they wont reply to your letter. report the matter the electricity ombudsman of your state.

meanwhile file a rti application to the PIO of electricity board asking information on the points such as, when was the meter installed? ask for a copy of your ledger a/c. ask for a copy of meter installation sheet (which should have been signed by you at the time of installation) and other related information