Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ration Card Rules

Hello,

I am Anuradha Ganesh. It appears that this is a wonderful website and that I will try and make as much use of it in getting information and interacting with the right people.

I have a great concern regarding the misuse of ration cards. It is not the regular misuse that we all know about. For the first time, I came across a person who has pledged his ration card with a pawn broker for 800 rupees! This is appalling news to me. The pawn broker refused to return the card to the man's wife unless the 800 rupees are returned by her husband. Is this legal? Are pawn brokers allowed to accept ration cards against security for money?

I was hoping to get some answers from anyone who has information regarding the use of a ration card.

› Find content similar to: Ration Card Rules

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Ration Card Rules

Hello Anuradha Ganesh,

In this portal, our focus is mainly on the Right To Information Act and matters related to it. For information and help on other social causes, please visit our sister-portal www.bighelpers.org
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android